Author Topic: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?  (Read 6163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Roger Holmes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1271
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +739
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
0
The only thing that upsets me about Trainfest 2012 is that I wasn't there for the second year in a row.  Last year it was because I performed four weddings on 11/11/11.  This year a much more significant reason being that my brother in the Chicago suburbs is very ill so it was much more important to be with him this weekend.

I am, however, very pleased with FVM's Milwaukee Road caboose announcement and Kato's Metra F40 hint.
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

Bluford Craig

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 359
  • Respect: +157
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
0
I talked to Jim Conway (Con-Cor) before Trainfest and they were unable to attend due to an illness in family. He sends his regards.

Craig
Bluford Shops

Smike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 821
  • Respect: +198
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
0
I wasn't there, but if this is true, this would blow away the Yawn factor:

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/PDF/Trainfest_2012_Kato_Top-Secret.pdf

Is this for real? Kato finally coming out with the NS Heritage SD70aces? :o

eric220

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3738
  • Gender: Male
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +648
    • The Modern PRR
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
0
I talked to Jim Conway (Con-Cor) before Trainfest and they were unable to attend due to an illness in family. He sends his regards.

Craig
Bluford Shops

Did you happen to mention to him that there are those of us out there that would really love to see the MP54 line come to N Scale?
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

Wutter

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 398
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +251
    • Wutter Vehicles and Details
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 12:42:18 AM »
0
They also said it was "highly likely" that they will soon release in N the recently announced (in HO) F40PH in Metra scheme as well as the bilevels in the older Metra paint scheme.

Interesting...the possibility that actual Pullman Bi-Levels are finally coming to N Scale?  :o
Alvin
Wutter Vehicles and Details
https://wvdproducts.com

tehachapi highlight reel:

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19627
  • Respect: +6940
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
0
When are those Atlas 4-4-0's coming out? My grubby hands are waiting.  :drool:

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
0
Interesting...the possibility that actual Pullman Bi-Levels are finally coming to N Scale?  :o

I took that as they'd paint the newer cars in an older scheme.  I hope your take is the correct one.

I didn't do much wandering around at the manufacturer area.  I typically don't, because I nothing that's announced or isn't announced doesn't get my panties in bunch, like some.

The Bachmann S4 looked good.  The hand rails were nice and fine, I think we all wonder how much it will pull. 

FVM's GP60's looked good, as does all of Matt's work.  I'm not an expert on BNSF orange, but it still looked a little off to me.  At least one Warbonnet will find it's way into my collection. 

Walther's really didn't have any announcements in HO either.  They redid the Amfleet and Metroliners from way back in the early eighties. That was pretty much it.

Kato's NW2 is....well it's NW2.  I was actually walking around with HO guys, and they were excited to see a bunch of HO stuff finally coming out from KATO, so we can bitch about bias from Walthers, but they feel the same way about Kato. 

Bluford's stuff looked great, and I can't wait for the transfer cabooses.  They looked sharp.

Wheels of Time has out done itself on the new boxcars.  The underframe detail is ridiculous.  Not sure it's worth the time spent since no one will see it! 

Other than that I ran trains until my feet hurt.  The weekend went by way too fast, as usual.
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »
0

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11884
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +945
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
0
  I was actually walking around with HO guys, and they were excited to see a bunch of HO stuff finally coming out from KATO, so we can bitch about bias from Walthers, but they feel the same way about Kato. 

Kato naturally has an N bias, as N scale is far more popular in Japan.


mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
0
^ And HO is more popular here.  Thus Walther's bias......


I love square dancing. 
~ Matt

Modutrak.com


packers#1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1629
  • Gender: Male
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +914
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
0
Dude, we have feelings you know... :(
Y'all probably defined my modeling era, because the modern wood chip car kits cost an arm and a leg compared to your cars...
Sawyer
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »
0
I've been watching the news unfold through these guys.  Intermountain announced a Paducah GP10 - HO of Course...

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/news.html

Brian

HO had 2 GP10 announcements IM and Geneses. ;)

But,the long requested  Alco switchers will make up for that. :D

IIRC wasn't there a GP10 body announced awhile back?
Larry

Summerset Ry.