Author Topic: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?  (Read 6164 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

muktown128

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1024
  • Respect: +170
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »
0
I was at Trainfest today for most of the day with my son and had a chance to speak with one of the Kato family members at the Kato booth.  He asked several questions about what railroad I model and why (PRR, I'm from NJ).  I told him I purchased a Broadway Limited set and he asked if I also purchased a GG-1.  I told him that I didn't since I don't model the overhead wires, but did purchase the E-8's.  Then I mentioned it would be nice to see them make an E7 in PRR or offer more paint schemes for the E-8 (keystone only) and a K4 4-6-2 as well. I told him that many modelers use their Japanese prototype 4-6-2 and kitbash this into a K4, but that it would be a whole easier if they just made a K4.  I told him that I own many Kato models and enjoy them.  He thanked me and shook my hand.  He even asked several questions of my son who also has some model trains, one of them being a Kato Sante Fe F-7.  All in all, it was a very pleasant conversation with Mr. Kato. 

I also had a nice conversation with one of the people at the M.T.H. booth.  They have no plans for N scale at this time, but they have discussed it.  He indicated that some of it is a matter of being able to offer additional features in an N scale model to separate them from other manufacturers.  The smaller size of N scale makes it challenging, but not impossible.  I was encouraged by what he said.  I believe they wil eventually get into N, but it may be a few years.

The Athearn rep pretty much confirmed what was already stated.

Bargains of the day - Lombard Trains - Bluford SP offset side hoppers $6 each (yes - $6).  The don't fit my era, but my son bought 2 (with some encouragement from me).  They only had SP.  They also has FVM Milwaukee Road passenger cars for $16 each (not many left when I left around 4 pm).  They seemed to be selling pretty good based on when I first stopped their table around 11:30 and when I stopped by later to get the SP hoppers.

Scott

Bluford Craig

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 359
  • Respect: +157
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
0
That 9 different body style announcement by Bluford had me thinking it would be something awesome but what do we get wood chip cars :facepalm:  :o and as usual Athearn is being their normal HO biased selves :x At least Trainworx has some awesome gons on the way and MTL has a good 60' boxcar!
Dude, we have feelings you know... :(

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 10:45:37 PM »
0
Dude, we have feelings you know... :(


Hmm... I'll send you a
couple pounds of termites.
That ought to cheer you up...


Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:45 PM »
0
Ha ha... check your feelings at the door. Cuz Railwire.

Well wood chip cars are good I guess...
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
0
Lots of b1tchn and sky-is-falling stuff in here. What's up asshats? :trollface:

I'm away from this place for a little while and you guys have gone soft?

 :D

Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »
0
Nice to hear from you again Jamie. You guys need to post a couple photos of the ModUTrak layout and all will be right with the world! You won't hear me complaining. The transfer caboose was a VERY pleasant surprise. I was worried that all we would get from FVM is another Hiawatha.  :troll face:

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Ike the BN Freak

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1639
  • Respect: +119
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 12:28:54 AM »
0
oh I know, I know...they are waiting for Sunday for all the good N scale announcements...

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 12:34:23 AM »
0
If Athearn catches up on their previously announced models I'll be happy.  I'm waiting for a batch of unlettered Mack truck tractors...
N Kalanaga
Be well

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 08:26:08 AM »
0
Quote
Lots of b1tchn and sky-is-falling stuff in here. What's up asshats?

I'm away from this place for a little while and you guys have gone soft?

It's because they didn;t get what they want NOW and so it's a terrible day for the hobby and the scale.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 08:49:22 AM »
0
I like wood chip cars...CP had a bunch similar, I must forward some research....

As for the dirth of announcements, well; it's like this....if you announce nothing, we're upset...if you announce something, but it's the wrong thing for me, we're upset...if you announce the right thing but you're the wrong guy to make it, we're upset and if you announce the right thigng and you're the right guy for the job, we're upset 'cause you're late !!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think we were picky or somethin............ ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CNW4ever

  • Posts: 2
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
0
A few other items to note.....
Kato had two interesting items on display. One was a container stacker that will work with any size Kato container. It will be available in yellow and I believe red. I think this is a new model, not something from the japanese line of product. Interesting to me, as a Chicagoan, was a new passenger station being made for them by Faller. It is based on the station in Schaumburg. It will come with decals for several Metra stops. It is pre-molded in correct colors, with pre-painted window frames, etc. Just glues together. Kind of interesting that they were going with Faller since all prior models come from Japan. They really did not elaborate on the relationship with Faller. Could be interesting. Both items are shipping first quarter. They also said it was "highly likely" that they will soon release in N the recently announced (in HO) F40PH in Metra scheme as well as the bilevels in the older Metra paint scheme.
Not to beat a dead horse, but there was not much else of inteterest. I gave Walther's my annual blast about how bad their N-scale market strategy is. I told Athearn that looking at their entire display reminded me of going to the Chicago Hobby Show during the 80's and 90's when I would ask them each year to please get in to N-scale. They had next to nothing of N on display. They did say that they got hammered with the China factory collapse and are just getting back on their feet in N-scale which took the biggest hit. No hints of future releases were discussed, but they said priority one being getting all current product up and running again. Matt from FVM had samples of the GP60's that looked great. I tried to find Jim Conway to get an update if the Turbines and U50's are actually ever coming. I did not see him at the show this year.
Not having Atlas or BLMA there really put the icing on a rather no-frills show.

Mike

unittrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1492
  • Respect: +148
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »
0
Dude, we have feelings you know... :(
I like all the rolling stock you guys have released! Yes I will like the wood chip cars, I got lots of the 86' boxcars and hoppers and look forward to more. I guess I just got greedy I thought just maybe you guys were releasing 9 different cars  :D Of course though my hobby budget couldn't handle it! Keep up the good work looking forward to the transfer cabooses and maybe some Chessie (WM) 70 ton hoppers ;)

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »
0
Not complaining about a lack of N products.  N scale releases seem to hit all at once and it's not time yet.  Besides, my cash flow is a little thin now and I'm holding out for the Atlas Alco switchers when they hit the market.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
0
Atlas skipped Trainfest this year due to Sandy.  But they were in Stamford CT at the NHRHTA 50th Anniversary train show yesterday, with the S2 pilot model on display.  People will be very very pleased when it hits the market.  Also, the PS-1 boxcars arrived on Friday and are shipping to distributors/dealers this coming week.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11884
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +945
Re: Trainfest announcements...? Bueller... Bueller...?
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
0
Dude, we have feelings you know... :(

I'm very pleased that you guys did wood chip cars - an essential piece of rolling stock for many roads - including N&W. Unfortunately none of the models are even a distant match for the N&W cars.

I picked up a couple of the Athearn wood chips when they were out, they are a somewhat close match - I just need to paint and decal them (1st I gotta get the decals made :trollface:).

Mark