Author Topic: NCE NMP15 Light Issue  (Read 720 times)

dmidkiff

• Crew
  • Respect: +126
NCE NMP15 Light Issue
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Hi All,

I recently acquired an N scale Atlas MP15 with an NCE drop in decoder installed.  The lights are on opposite the direction the locomotive moves.  The literature says to add 1 to CV29 to reverse the direction of the travel, but it also reverses the lighting as well.

Does anybody have one of these that can help me out?

Thanks, Doug

crencs

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
Re: NCE NMP15 Light Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:25:12 AM »
Doug,

Ran across this topic doing a search for something else.  Not sure if you got any answer from somewhere  else, but here goes.  I had 2 NCE NMP15 v35 with the same operation as you described. I found reversing the settings for the lights resolved the issue.  If you have an NCE Power Cab use option 6 in the program track mode to change the values of output 1 and 2. Use 2 as the cab light and 1 for the hood light. Refer to the manual pg 54 for further explanation.  if you don't, set CV120=168 and CV121=172.  This will give you brightness in the forward direction and dim in reverse for both lights. That's how I have mine set.

Craig
Craig K.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2819
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: NCE NMP15 Light Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »
That's odd. Those decoders do not have any wires. So there is no way to miswire them.  The motor also cannot be accidentally flipped as it has both terminals on one side.  One possibility I can think of is that the contact strips from the motor are bent in such a way so they are contacting the opposite motor pads on the decoder's circuit board.  That way the motor is wired to run in reverse. But that seems really far fetched.
. . . 42 . . .