Author Topic: Gibbon, Cozad & Western - "The 100th Meridian Line"  (Read 163021 times)

TLOC

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
Re: Gibbon, Cozad & Western - "The 100th Meridian Line"
« Reply #1710 on: September 04, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »
+1
Mike

Your commentary on large layouts posted on the September issue of MRH. Very well done, truly a very good listing of things to remember when building a layout of any size. Congrats.

Some readers still won’t get it that you are not advocating or condemning anything.

TomO

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +936
« Reply #1711 on: September 04, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
OMG, it's up! And thank you! It wasn't there when checking on it this morning.

Cool!  8)
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. We just don't tell anybody. -Bob Ross

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +225
« Reply #1712 on: September 04, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
With an issue cover story "Small Layouts can be fun"    :D

~Ian
Don't Neglect the Jewel Case!

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #1713 on: September 04, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »
Congrats!  Now back to work on the layout.  You have a long march ahead of you.   :trollface:   ;)

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #1714 on: September 04, 2019, 05:58:20 PM »
What?!? Can't I bask in the glory for at least a couple of minutes?  :P

Working on the layout now, having unloaded the first batch of windows for Kelso on the Photon a couple of minutes ago. Need to figure out why half of the support rafts didn't stick to the platform. I'll direct that to the 3D forum.
...mike

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. We just don't tell anybody. -Bob Ross

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #1715 on: September 05, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »
+2
I figured out the support raft problem, so through the miracle of 3D printing, the second floor has windows:

I am giddy, frankly. This Photon-thingambob contraption changes everything about my modeling outlook. It may not be a "replicator", but for my MRR needs it comes damn close. In the curing oven right now is a dozen old-style UP signal heads I'm testing for LED placements. In the Photon, just about done, is another run of UP switchstand lanterns, trying to fix the shaft attachment issue from the original run. I don't have that much other stuff ready to print and need to draw the remaining Kelso details, but, wow, this thing certainly clears the path on a bunch of "wanna have" details for the layout.

A big "Thanks!" to everybody here for the great documentation and the pioneering work with these resin printers. It made my startup a breeze.
...mike