Author Topic: Mill Street  (Read 2081 times)

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +36
Re: Mill Street
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
One thing I'd suggest is adding skewed cross beams across the the ends to connect the vertical sides of the thru trusses

Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »
One thing I'd suggest is adding skewed cross beams across the the ends to connect the vertical sides of the thru trusses

Scott

Oh definitely. It’s far from done. Just done enough to work out the river beneath it.

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +361
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »
+2
Since this layout is designed to be portable and storeable, it was time to address how best to achieve that. I bought a large plastic storage container and have managed to fit all four scenery sections in it. The board with the mill on it is on the bottom of the box. On either side are two upside down U shapes made of plywood. Strips of wood are at either end to keep if from sliding. The other two 1x2 boards sit on their sides on top of the U shaped boxes. They are held in place at the ends by more pieces of wood screwed to the box. Eventually there will be latches or bolts to keep the boards from falling forward, which they can do at the moment. The 1x1 board fits at the end, but I need to finish building it before I can fit it’s supports. The staging/fiddle yard will be in a separate box along with controllers and whatever odds and end decide to come along.