Author Topic: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?  (Read 3593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
0
I have finally up-packed all of my equipment, structures, rolling stock and scenery from
totes to begin final phases of our SAN DIEGO AND ARIZONA EASTERN HCD. The gnomes
or the black hole must have gotten the NJ International flasher and arms? I tore up the room
and dug through one big mess box and they were gone. Pulled of the old layout section in
May 09. But...There is a back-up, another set....I was OCD frustrated all night. Main St. in
El Centro will now be guarded. Now that I am short a set, Commerce St. will get cross bucks.

First sign of old age, much like a squirrel burying a nut, I forgot where I put them....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:17:27 PM by chuck geiger »

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
0
Chuck

What motive power use using for the SD&AE.  I remember from my Navy days wayback in the 70's seeing this road.  Didn't they use GE 70 tonners?

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
0
Caddy's and Covered wagons, more 70's....What I;m using, they
did use the 70-tonners:

http://sandiegoandarizonaeastern.blogspot.com/2011/06/california-museum-to-preserve-modesto.html

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:53:25 PM »
0
Somewhere
amongst my huge accumulation is a brand new Digitrax UT4R throttle that I still cannot find despite four specifically targeted searches...
Support fine modeling

NorsemanJack

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 320
  • Respect: +48
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
0
Oddly enough, I've been looking for a missing set of NJI flashers/gates as well.  Mine are A frames with the black stripes.  Hmmmm.......

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
0
The same creature that takes the other sock has them....

Specter3

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 929
  • Respect: +229
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
0
As many times as I have succumbed to the incessant OCD need to find something I still marvel at my ability to blow a couple hours trying to find something that is really inconsequential.

Ryan

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »
0
This gets weirder, I was in AZ packing to come back to California when I stowed
the gear. I am now missing the crossing gates, flasher, BLMA relay box for the
signal and (a partridge in a palm tree) One of my set of 3 palms. I must have been
libated and don't remember where I packed them.

NorsemanJack

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 320
  • Respect: +48
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
0
I must have been
libated and don't remember where I packed them.

That beats the situation where I haven't had a drink but still can't remember.....

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »
0
That beats the situation where I haven't had a drink but still can't remember.....

Kaching!
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »
0
It's official - Nowhere to be found, SP Timetable, flashers, arms, palm trees and relay box - Not in any box!

NorsemanJack

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 320
  • Respect: +48
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
0
Sorry to hear that Chuck, but don't give up.  I lent a CD to my daughter years ago and we thought it was long gone.  Then she pulled a drawer out of her desk to sort it out and the CD was under the drawer.  How it got there likely defies the laws of physics, but you just never know.....

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 05:50:52 PM »
0
"I must have been libated and don't remember where I packed them."

They will be in the very last box you look in... you know, the one that is somewhere other than where it is suppose to be, like in the wrong room closet.

Dupesy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 542
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +36
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »
0
They will be in the very last box you look in... you know, the one that is somewhere other than where it is suppose to be, like in the wrong room closet.
  Of course they will be in the last box he looks in.  If he finds them, why would he keep looking for them? :P
dumb ways to die, so many dumb ways to die

chuck geiger

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3573
  • Gender: Male
  • Train Talk Media
  • Respect: +3968
Re: Where did the crossing flashers and crossing arms go?
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
0
Here's the good thing...My daughter and her family are moving to
San Diego tomorrow and we have to pick up some more boxes
and stuff tonight...There are three totes that might be the culprit
that I can score tonight...Film at 11. (boy that's dated). You guys
are right, now that I think about it- When I took stuff off some
modules - they were the last things left...I pitched the wood and
foam and of course, I decimated the sections and took everything
off. I must have put them in another mystery box.     
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:52:27 PM by chuck geiger »