Author Topic: Another "special project" question  (Read 5721 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »
0
Bryan,
    I would be in for one (not many around in 2011) but you got to fix the doors.They should be bi fold I believe and that rear door is on the street side for a North American bus. ;D

This is the intercity version, with the emergency door.  The doors are bi-fold, but there's only so much fine detail you can add for a rapid prototype master.  If the model was being tooled, they door definition would be more defined.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Catt

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1721
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »
0
Quote
This is the intercity version, with the emergency door

Did not know such a critter even existed.The ones I am familar with were the city buses that Grand Rapids had for many many years.

Little bit of trivia for you ,the GR buses were green over yellow,just like who ever was in charge of them was a CNW fan. ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made


inkaneer

  • Guest
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
0
Actually, I was speaking from experience in the past.  I didn't buy any, but my partner in our NTrak Layout had a couple decent looking ones on his module.  He does modern NS stuff.  The buses looked like late 90's to early 00's Bluebird style coaches with I think International chassis.  I think they were Atlas or Walthers.  Not sure where he got them or who made them, but I'll ask.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer tonight, but he's coming over for our Wednesday eve work session.

A company called "Make my Model" did have a school bus in their product line up.  I was told they were no longer in business but their website is still up.  Here is a link:

http://www.makemymodel.com/catalog/index.php

I have seen some of their vehicle products and most are good.  I believe they do a rapid prototyping or whatever that process is called.   

Anyway the school bus appears to be, as best I can tell, based on an International chassis but as for the model year I would have no idea.  The actual bus body could be a Bluebird, Superior, Thomas or even a Worthington.    I believe all of them at one time or another used International chassis.  Some still do.  School busses usually have a service life of about ten years or so. 

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »
0
Anyway the school bus appears to be, as best I can tell, based on an International chassis but as for the model year I would have no idea.  The actual bus body could be a Bluebird, Superior, Thomas or even a Worthington.    I believe all of them at one time or another used International chassis.  Some still do.  School busses usually have a service life of about ten years or so.

That MMM snout, IMO, looks like a Ford, and not an Int'l. The grill area's so broad to accurately represents a F hood.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »
0
Bryan,

You should flash the image over on the N scale vehicle list and see the reaction you get. I mean, if you haven't already (I haven't been keeping up with it lately).
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 04:32:03 PM »
0
Bryan,

You should flash the image over on the N scale vehicle list and see the reaction you get. I mean, if you haven't already (I haven't been keeping up with it lately).

I haven't yet.  The one on YahooGroups?  I think I'm a member of that group.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
0