Author Topic: Another "special project" question  (Read 5722 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
0
Actually it's over-sized, Bob. It needs to be narrowed down its length to be true N scale.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »
0
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


71jeep

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +8
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
0
I am in for one or two for sure!


Allen...

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »
0
I knew I had seen an N scale Fishbowl in progress:

http://www.nscale.net/forums/showthread.php?21015-Update-on-made2scale-models-Fishbowl-Bus.

No offense to the guy whose master that is, but I'd prefer a version from you - with separate wheels, interior, and window openings.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
0
I'm in. Will there be pre ordering or first come first served? Thanks
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
0
Mr Bussey,

I'm in for a couple of the TDM4507s. 

Another city bus I'd like, as I rode many in my home town as a kid, is the "cracker box" bus offered by Jordan in HO.  Can you please consider these as well?

I'd also like a couple of the conventional "truck front" school buses in the early 50's era.  I can find one cast model of a 30's/40's school bus, but the windshield looks like its bottom edge is way high and exaggerated in that it's sunk deep into the front of the bus.  Looks like a drawing in the preschoolers' Saturday cartoons.  I can also find modern era school buses, but no transition era ones.

Finally, the Greyhounds:  I'd like a Scenicruiser, too.  But what I'd really like is about five or six PD4103 inter-city coaches.  I'm sure you know Walthers offers one in HO.  I've emailed them and they say they have no plans to offer it in N Scale.  CMW also says that Walthers owned exclusive rights to the CMW model for 18 months.  That has long since expired, but CMW says they still have no plans to produce an N Scale PD 4103.

I guess you stand to get $100 or more of my money!  I say it's worth it.  What say you?

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:53:49 PM by Bangorboy »
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
0
I can also find modern era school buses, but no transition era ones.
Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers

Where? I've never seen any decent ones.

Thanks!

Mark


CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
0
I just might be interested in one or two.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:57:38 PM »
0
Where? I've never seen any decent ones.

Thanks!

Mark

Actually, I was speaking from experience in the past.  I didn't buy any, but my partner in our NTrak Layout had a couple decent looking ones on his module.  He does modern NS stuff.  The buses looked like late 90's to early 00's Bluebird style coaches with I think International chassis.  I think they were Atlas or Walthers.  Not sure where he got them or who made them, but I'll ask.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer tonight, but he's coming over for our Wednesday eve work session.

Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »
0
... But what I'd really like is about five or six PD4103 inter-city coaches.  I'm sure you know Walthers offers one in HO.  I've emailed them and they say they have no plans to offer it in N Scale.  CMW also says that Walthers owned exclusive rights to the CMW model for 18 months.  That has long since expired, but CMW says they still have no plans to produce an N Scale PD 4103...

I like the PD4103 very much as well, as it can be used for both Greyhound and Trailways.  But it would be too risky to move forward with a resin model.  CMW could turn out a plastic version in three months if they concentrated on it, and they get hit with requests for the PD4103 constantly.  And as you pointed out, the Walthers exclusivity period has ended.  If CMW decides the transit buses are successful enough to warrant another bus model, the PD4103 is the logical choice.

But if there is enough interest to move the TDM4507 forward and it sells well, the Scenicruiser definitely will be the second offering.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Catt

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1721
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
0
Bryan,
    I would be in for one (not many around in 2011) but you got to fix the doors.They should be bi fold I believe and that rear door is on the street side for a North American bus. ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:03 AM »
0
I like the PD4103 very much as well, as it can be used for both Greyhound and Trailways.  But it would be too risky to move forward with a resin model.  CMW could turn out a plastic version in three months if they concentrated on it, and they get hit with requests for the PD4103 constantly.  And as you pointed out, the Walthers exclusivity period has ended.  If CMW decides the transit buses are successful enough to warrant another bus model, the PD4103 is the logical choice.

But if there is enough interest to move the TDM4507 forward and it sells well, the Scenicruiser definitely will be the second offering.

Actually, just checking on some stuff for an order for our shop...CMW has announced the some PD4103 not exclusive to Walthers in HO. Horizon has them listed for Aug/Sept arrival. So they are still thinking about them.

Now that I look at the museum list you posted, I would be in for one or two of the TDM4507's as there were two companies in Cincy that took delivery of them in 47.
Tony Hines

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »
0
1966:



Mark


sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
0
Making a standard cab version of that Int'l, say an F1800, you would make a lot of other people happy too. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1435/5122480218_108d8d3318_o.jpg
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Another "special project" question
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
0
James Will is working on a '65 Loadstar cab/chassis.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA