Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
BLMA Spine Cars
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
Author
Topic: BLMA Spine Cars (Read 8648 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
John
Administrator
Crew
Posts: 14006
Respect:
+4180
BLMA Spine Cars
«
on:
June 23, 2011, 03:59:31 PM »
0
Just received a set of these - I must stay I am impressed with the quality of the details on these cars
«
Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:11:39 PM by John
»
Logged
Philip H
Crew
Posts: 9028
Gender:
Respect:
+1796
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #1 on:
June 23, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »
0
sweet. I'm waiting for the 3 car set later in the summer.
Any chance you have video?
Logged
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.
GaryHinshaw
Global Moderator
Crew
Posts: 6765
Respect:
+2639
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #2 on:
June 23, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
0
I guess mine is waiting for the Canada Post strike to be over... >
Fortunately I have
plenty
to keep me busy until then.
-gfh
Logged
jnevis
Crew
Posts: 760
Gender:
WP Lives
Respect:
+18
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #3 on:
June 23, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »
0
Totally missed them :'( Sold out everywhere I've looked. Nothing local would have them.
Logged
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.
lock4244
Crew
Posts: 4586
Respect:
+886
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #4 on:
June 23, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
0
Biggest complaint I have is that they're too new for my era. Would love a plausible excuse to have a few.
Logged
Now in Iowa
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244
Chulvis
The Pitt
Crew
Posts: 3437
Gender:
Respect:
+10
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #5 on:
June 23, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
0
Got mine in stock today. Spent the day sorting out the pre orders and will start shipping in the morning. I did take a break and put a set on the store layout to check them out. Excellent is all I can say. The detail is top notch and they are nice and heavy, so they run great. As a runner and a dealer these are easily one of my favorite new products in a long time.
Logged
jerwayne
Guest
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #6 on:
June 23, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »
0
Could use more detailed directions on how to add the hitches. On the A Forum they were described as "rudimentary" directions. That they are.
Logged
sd75i
Crew
Posts: 290
Respect:
+16
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #7 on:
June 24, 2011, 12:32:31 AM »
0
Anyone want to share pics or video of their cars?
dave
Logged
Smike
Crew
Posts: 821
Respect:
+198
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #8 on:
June 24, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »
0
Easily one of the most detailed pieces of rolling stock for n scale I’ve ever held. Awesome runners while unloaded. Off to my other sport of hunting trout for a few days, but I’ll post some pics with containers and trailers installed when I return. I’m definitely going to get my hands on some of the 3 car configurations when they hit this fall. Now if Deluxe can come through and deliver on their upcoming 53” trailers we are in business…
BLMA again has raised the bar in N scale with this one.
P.S. These two pics will help as a ref for installing the trailer hitches
http://www.blmamodels.com/images/misc/SpineCar_Sample3.jpg
http://www.blmamodels.com/images/misc/SpineCar_Sample5.jpg
Logged
Ian MacMillan
Global Moderator
Crew
Posts: 12034
Gender:
Learn to use the god damn search feature!
Respect:
+167
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #9 on:
June 24, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »
0
I missed these too. I balked on them when they could of easily been a plausable car to run on my layout.
Logged
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!
Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1
jerwayne
Guest
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #10 on:
June 24, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »
0
I just sent a request for help on the BLMA site. There needs to be a "how-to"on the hitches. It is not intuitive -- the building of the hitches and the sheet that comes with the cars is not much help. The pictures posted above are helpful, but...
Jerry
Logged
djsmeltzer
Crew
Posts: 28
Respect:
+6
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #11 on:
June 24, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
0
I really have to agree on the hitches. They are fragile and even though there are only three pieces, some illustration would have been helpful. If they are supposed to be held to the car with a pressure fit, that doesn't work for me. The back side of the hitch fits it's pins into the holes just fine, but the front piece only wants to bend when I try out put it into the holes in the front. I don't know if there is a buildup of paint that needs to be scrapped away from the molded in feet or what. I had to do that with some of the holes for the pivots on the cars themselves. The instructions seems to suggest a pressure fit for the hitches on the cars, but certainly doesn't work for me.
The cars are otherwise gorgeous. I had some of the brake detail left in the tray when I took the C unit out, but a little CA fixed that problem. I only pre-ordered one, may have to try and grab another from the LHS very soon.
Logged
GaryHinshaw
Global Moderator
Crew
Posts: 6765
Respect:
+2639
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #12 on:
June 24, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »
0
I haven't seen these in person yet, but it sounds like they will be a good candidate for
MLE hitches
, which are very sturdy and retractable (but not simple to assemble). Does anyone have a shot of a spine without the hitch installed?
-gfh
Logged
Craig Martyn
Crew
Posts: 496
Gender:
Respect:
+6
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #13 on:
June 24, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
0
Hi Guys. Thanks for the kind words on the cars. Regarding the hitches...
Our original plan was to have the hitches pre-assembled at the factory, in which case you would be able to simply press-fit them into place. Because that didn't happen, each hitch requires a little gluing. Ultimately, the hitches are three simple parts - slanted brace, vertical support and 5th wheel. Please see the following photo until we can deliver step-by-step instructions:
Logged
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models
www.BLMAmodels.com
jnevis
Crew
Posts: 760
Gender:
WP Lives
Respect:
+18
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
«
Reply #14 on:
June 26, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
0
I found a set of the 5-car in Timonium and WOW! I should have grabbed 2 but the "budget" only allowed for one if I was going to get enough DI trailers to fill it, and a couple Kato Amfleets.
Can't get pics as now must pay them off to the other half, LOTS of housework in store for today>
Logged
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
BLMA Spine Cars