Author Topic: BLMA Spine Cars  (Read 8650 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
0
Narrowly
avoided a shutout on these, thank you Kathy.  Apparently my request at LHS was misplaced but I still got one at the last minute.  Still hoping for cancellations to round out my fleet.  Hoping that there is a fifth wheel option with a properly sized hole.  Really want to run these just a little dusty as 'bare tables' with hitches in both up and down positions.

Come on Tuesday...
Support fine modeling

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6765
  • Respect: +2639
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 02:25:55 AM »
0
Narrowly
avoided a shutout on these, thank you Kathy.  Apparently my request at LHS was misplaced but I still got one at the last minute.  Still hoping for cancellations to round out my fleet.  Hoping that there is a fifth wheel option with a properly sized hole.  Really want to run these just a little dusty as 'bare tables' with hitches in both up and down positions.

Come on Tuesday...

MLE has got you covered: scale size 5th wheel and retractable.  Here's a sample:



With BLMA and Trainworx stepping up, I think there are many giddy N scale intermodal modellers this week, myself included.   :D

-gfh
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:51:40 AM by GaryHinshaw »

sd75i

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 290
  • Respect: +16
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »
0
   I snooze, I lose.  Anybody know where there is any more?  I know I am not smart!
 

   dave


John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
0
The $80 price isn't bad for something sold out .

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
0
Nobody  
clue in the seller that they are hard to find.  Look for the rare, L@@K and highly desireable in the description, soon...
Support fine modeling

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
0
The $80 price isn't bad for something sold out .

That's kinda what I was thinking...
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
0
I put the ones with a fair prices, someone has one for $99.99 for now.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »
0
I put the ones with a fair prices, someone has one for $99.99 for now.

Thing is....the next run will probably street at that.   According to Craig the price will increase "considerably" on the next run due to labor prices and unforeseen complexity.

I would probably buy a couple more at $80 if I knew for sure that some 48's weren't around the corner.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Smike

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 821
  • Respect: +198
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:34:28 PM »
0
$80 is a steal, I'd scope them up at that (well if I didn't have too much else on pre order commitment)

Just got around to setting them up.






flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »
0
   I snooze, I lose.  Anybody know where there is any more?  I know I am not smart!
 

   dave

Check with George at Wig-Wag Trains in New Mexico.  I saw him post on TB before it went down that he had extras available.  Didn't mention how many, but he would be way cheaper than those on eBay.

http://www.wig-wag-trains.com/Newspages/NewsPage.htm

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 06:38:40 AM »
0
With BLMA and Trainworx stepping up, I think there are many giddy N scale intermodal modellers this week, myself included.   :D

Definately giddy, maybe moreso after the weekend:



I thought I'd better get cracking on some loads whilst my spines are en-route. Not tired of lock rods or door latches yet, but I think the tire rims will test the patience.
Here's a quick shot a BNSF van prior to weathering:



Meanwhile, work continues on an experiment to make the Deluxe roadrailer look more like an intermodal trailer... but that's a topic for another day.

That is a nice scene there Smike.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:40:43 AM by James Costello »
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
0
For those still looking, Pete at BLW got some at $68.

Great car, but the hitches are a pain to built.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6765
  • Respect: +2639
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
0


:o

That's a hell of a fleet you have going there James.  Can't wait to see the run-by on video.   :D

-gfh

reinhardtjh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3157
  • Respect: +423
Re: BLMA Spine Cars
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 05:04:42 AM »
0
For those still looking, Pete at BLW got some at $68.

Great car, but the hitches are a pain to built.

Marked as sold out now.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566