Author Topic: New Aggregate Handling Equipment  (Read 8845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »
0
Hi All,

A new series of Aggregate Handling Equipment from Wilson Manufacturing plans has started production. These will include detailed Conveyors with and without side mounted grated walkways, Aggregate Unloader and an 2-track Aggregate Loader.

Conveyors will be offered as full starter kits and extensions for both w/ and w/o walkway conveyors. The conveyor kits are simple construction of tab & slot with only two bends. Each starter kit contains cast resin motors, brass pulleys w/ belts and safety guards and one A-Frame.
1002301  Aggregate Conveyor w/Grated Walkway, Complete 128ft Etched Brass Starter Kit, L= 9.629in, W= .41in, H= .3in
1002303  Aggregate Conveyor 95ft Extension w/Grated Walkway, Etched Brass, L= 7.125, W= .41in, H= .3in
1002305  Aggregate Conveyor w/o Grated Walkway, Complete 128ft Etched Brass Starter Kit, L= 9.629in, W= .24in, H= .3in
1002307  Aggregate Conveyor 95ft Extension w/o Grated Walkway, Etched Brass, L= 7.125, W= .24in, H= .3in
1002309  Aggregate Conveyor A-Frame, 2-Pack, Etched Brass, W= .66in, H= 2.7in



The Aggregate Unloader will accommodate a 50ft hopper and will be offered as a short kit with just the brass and resin castings and as a full kit complete with laser cut styrene for the underground hopper and the complete concrete pit/pad. The second traveling conveyor is able to pivot to any position.
1002401  Aggregate Unloader w/ Traveling Conveyor, Etched Brass and Resin Complete Kit, Laser-cut Styrene Pit
1002403  Aggregate Unloader w/ Traveling Conveyor, Etched Brass and Resin Short Kit





Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
0
Bob,
These look super.  I assume that calcined pet coke would fall in the aggregate category - if so when do you expect these to get to your website?  There will be a need down da bayou .  . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


48Fan

  • Guest
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
0
YAAAA!!!! A place for ortners finally!
Thank you Bob!

Blazeman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1306
  • Respect: +65
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
0
They should be big sellers I'd think. Unfortunately, the length necessary to accomodate may limit some use on existing layouts. While mine is under construction, I'll need to do some figuring to see if I can rearrange some track and such to these can be employed to generate traffic to handle.

Keep us posted on the production schedules.

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:59 PM »
0
They should be big sellers I'd think. Unfortunately, the length necessary to accommodate may limit some use on existing layouts. While mine is under construction, I'll need to do some figuring to see if I can rearrange some track and such to these can be employed to generate traffic to handle.

I had delayed putting these into production while I was looking at all of the different type of uses and configurations as I wanted to modularize their construction to accommodate most of the possibilities. Here is a sample of what I mean:


The conveyors with walkways can be built with the walkway on either side. The head and tail stocks are separate allowing the builder to lengthen or shorten the main conveyor. Short on space for the Unloader, increase the first conveyor angle and extend the length it to a fixed dumping point or into a silo. Lineside quarries can be easily modeled as a source of traffic with the upcoming Loader.

These modules could also be used for coal transfer facilities for ships, power plants or steel mills. Virtually any dry granular non food grade cargo could be loaded/unloaded via conveyors. Do expect a Rail to Barge and Barge to Rail transfer system along with a Cement facility in the near future.

Any other ideas for uses or modules? Post them and let's see what flys.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards


TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:46:10 PM »
0
Chris, When you first posted those pics long ago, they really caused the light to go on in my head. Wilson had just installed a new Unloader in Nashville so I stopped by on my way back from TrainFest to get some photos and a sense of the layout. The new owners would not allow me to come on the property, but there was a road that got me close enough to photograph them with a telephoto lens. Those pics plus the drawings from Wilson were what I used.

Here is a link to Google maps for the location.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=36.151707,-86.749023&spn=0.000989,0.00257&t=h&z=20

Bing has not updated their images for that area yet.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=q0rrb17s3v1f&lvl=19.818007342652294&dir=3.3819119195957694&sty=b&FORM=LMLTCC

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »
0
This is a much needed model.   I have always wanted to model the massive rock crushers and aggregate facilities near Bridgeport/Chico, TX and this would greatly help to do that.   As it stands I won't model the entirity of that area but I intend to model a very compressed crusher the will represent the area.   This is, of course, on my "dream" layout but hopefully I can allocate funds to get some of your kits to hoard away for later.    ;) :-[
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

jnevis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 760
  • Gender: Male
  • WP Lives
  • Respect: +18
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
0
Those look great.  I have been modeling a US Gypsum plant in Fremont CA (in Google Sketch-up, haven't started the actual model).  It has a conveyor between a unloading building and the main plant.  If you scan through Google Maps/Earth it's right on the UP Niles Yard, search for Shin Dr Fremont CA for the overhead.
BTW the overhead view alsos has a lot of UP MoW cars built from 40 and 50 ft reefers/boxes.

The Stanley Blvd quaries in Pleasanton CA also has a LOT of conveyors that could be an interesting model.  No rail shipping anymore but tracks run between the quaries and Shadow Cliffs Regional Park.
Can't model worth a darn, but can research like an SOB.

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
0
Very cool!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
0
Sweeeett!! ;D
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
0
Cool, now all we need is a concrete pump truck and the entire industry could be modeled.

I bet the pump truck will be released with Tomytec's The Fukushima Collection.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:51:46 PM by daniel_leavitt2000 »
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

esa123

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 109
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
0
Yeeaaaaaahhhhhh! Finally, I've wanted this kind of stuff for so long!

Thanks,
Erik

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:34 AM »
0
Artwork is complete and sent off for photo-plotting. I should have the photo-tools in 12 days. Sooooo, I should be able to post some pics of the prototype built-ups in three weeks.



Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

AlkemScaleModels

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1185
  • Helps build strong models 8 ways
  • Respect: +40
    • Alkem Scale Models
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:14:18 AM »
0
Artwork is complete and sent off for photo-plotting. I should have the photo-tools in 12 days. Sooooo, I should be able to post some pics of the prototype built-ups in three weeks.

Does this mean you are doing your own etching?