Author Topic: New Aggregate Handling Equipment  (Read 8844 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
0
After having to disassemble the etcher and move it, I have been devoting a lot of time to get it back into operation. I have it setup at a friends plating company and he is in the process of a new application with DERM for the inclusion of full strength HCl. Still having a problem with DERM here in SouFla in that application. They are slow to approve because I took a printed circuit board etcher that was designed for one chemical system and converted it to HCl. Pure government bureaucracy! This is why I have been slow to get things out.

This run will be done by a different vendor out west in the mean time I found through the Photo Chemical Institute. I am going to be using the same 18x24 format so that I can use with different vendors (me included) for the actual etch process. It is just cheaper for me to contract the photo-plotting directly than use them as they do not do the plotting in-house and they mark-up their own outside vendor.

I still use PEI for the existing tooling they have already done, but I can not afford their new mins for the first proto sheet. I had sent you emails and left a couple of voice mails about the issue with PEI. Did you get them? That was a valuable lesson learned and I now have five different sources. Should have taken better notice of the Sanda Khan incident.

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

AlkemScaleModels

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1185
  • Helps build strong models 8 ways
  • Respect: +40
    • Alkem Scale Models
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
0


I still use PEI for the existing tooling they have already done, but I can not afford their new mins for the first proto sheet. I had sent you emails and left a couple of voice mails about the issue with PEI. Did you get them? That was a valuable lesson learned and I now have five different sources. Should have taken better notice of the Sanda Khan incident.



Yes, I  did get your messages. Thanks.  And yes, they told me the same thing. I don't mind the price hikes too much, but the first sheet costs are getting prohibitive. It will really discourage new product development. Unfortunately  the other guys I use in California are even more expensive, but a little more flexible on minimums.

Good luck with your machine.

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 04:13:49 PM »
0
Here are some preliminary pics of the Conveyors with Walkways






Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

wendell camp

  • Guest
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
0
Bob have do you have and idea how much these will cost ?And how long are the sections Thanks Wendell

esa123

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 109
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
0
Kind of as a follow-up questions to how much it will cost, can you make these sections in multiple lengths? Say for example some sections which are 1/2 the size of those pictured for smaller aggregate transfer facilities or even grain unloading centers? All together though those are looking quite beautiful!

Thanks,
Erik

TrainCat2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Gender: Male
  • I'm here to take a beating from RailWire members.
  • Respect: +932
    • TrainCat Model Sales
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
0
Bob have do you have and idea how much these will cost ?And how long are the sections Thanks Wendell

Each main section is 7.25" long for both Starter Kit or Extension. The Starter Kit has the ends with the rollers, motor, pulleys and pully guard. You can extend the Conveyor, or shorten it as you need. Pricing will be:

1002301 Starter Kit w/ Grated Walkay = $31.50
1002303 Extension w/ Grated Walkay = $22.50

1002305 Starter Kit w/o Grated Walkay = $24.50
1002307 Extension w/o Grated Walkay = $17.95

Regards
boB Knight

I Spell boB Backwards

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »
0
It seems to me that these conveyors could be used for wood chips and coal as well... looks to be a "winner" in my book, though I don't know off hand where I would be using such.

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
0
Thinking 
about how to integrate into this Terminal Island monstrosity
http://scotthaefner.com/photos/place/Terminal+Island/
perhaps integrating half sections of the starter kit for the visible sections where it peeks out of the angled pipe at the loader and where the horizontal pipe terminates at the aisle.  Depending on the width of the conveyor I'm seriously hoping that a standard dimension copper plumbing pipe (with external ribs added) will do the trick...
Support fine modeling

wendell camp

  • Guest
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
0
Bob what do you use for the belt ? Thanks Wendell

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: New Aggregate Handling Equipment
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
0
Freight car load , the business end of a pile driver , and a ship at port gangway come to mind .


Richie Dost