Author Topic: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car  (Read 4361 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JoeD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1389
Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »
0
Hi Guys,

Just got all the parts on my bench and started painting a few for my fleet  ;D  Just though I would share some shots fresh from production.  I don't have a release date to post yet, but they will be here soon.

http://nscalework.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post.html

Cheers

Joe
MTL
in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
0
Joe,

At first I thought the model has ice-cooled air conditioning, but now I'm not sure after looking again at the unit under the floor on the left side.  Would you post pics of the other side as well?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:11:36 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Glenn Poole

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 149
  • Respect: +1
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
0
Cool Joe.  Of course, there is one problem---where as I bought serveral of each of your other passenger cars, I will only need one of these for the back of the train. ;D
Glenn

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
0
Very nice. Is there an AC duct on the other side of the roof? Let's see the opposite side.
Tony Hines

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:59:20 PM by up1950s »


Richie Dost

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »
0
I can do great things with this I believe.............. :D
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
0
Nice 
looking model there, going to be needing a couple of undecorated.  Or buy and strip them if necessary...
Support fine modeling

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8590
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
0
Looks nice, but it appears that the coupler (at least at the open platform end) really sticks out.

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »
0
These are very nice Joe. I'm awfully tempted to foob one up as the early CR executive car. You're not planning on doing that with them anytime soon, are you? I mean, it'd be a nifty eye-catching scheme like I know your peeps are into.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12281
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11770
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
0
It needs Tuscan paint ASAP!  ;D

Not sure if you saw this, Joe, but it's a video of my other MTL Pennsy cars.


JoeD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1389
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »
0
I can post that tomorrow am...at home now.  It has a full length duct down the other side...mechanical.

Working on the next car now.   ;D   

Cheers

Joe


[quote author=bbussey link=topic=23772.msg230843#msg230843 date=1303427388Joe,

At first I thought the model has ice-cooled air conditioning, but now I'm not sure after looking again at the unit under the floor on the left side.  Would you post pics of the other side as well?  Thanks.

[/quote]
in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8590
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
0
These are very nice Joe. I'm awfully tempted to foob one up as the early CR executive car. You're not planning on doing that with them anytime soon, are you? I mean, it'd be a nifty eye-catching scheme like I know your peeps are into.


...or you could foob up RF&P Car ONE for me, Joe.  Thanks!

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »
0
Wonder what your next car will be.  A coach (many choices) or perhaps a diner alswo many).  Inquiring minds want to know but I know your keeping it under you hat.

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »
0
Joe,I am not a passenger type guy but,I think I see a CDB Industries(the owners of my C&HV and 7 other short lines) business car..
Larry

Summerset Ry.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »
0
Joe, can you make these in CR exec? I know its not quite right but I'd get one in a second.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind