Author Topic: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car  (Read 4362 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gelboy45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 110
  • Respect: +8
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 05:36:31 AM »
0
Excellent. Love the observation and, please release the existing Pullmans in two tone gray (matching Kato colors please)asap!

Could also do with:

some Burlington cars to go with the RPO

silver shadow-striped Pullmans

Illinois Central orange and brown (nice one for Kato too)

etc. etc ;o)))

Gerry

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: Exclusive first look at MTL Observation Car
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
0
Coaches seem the most logical at this point.  I would do both the single and double window, but in what order, not sure.  Diner is a must.  I have drawings of the SP version and am real tempted to do that one...but Bryan gave me a heads up on another version that I think has a wider appeal.  I wanted to do a baggage next, but with WOT doing theirs, no need to re-create the wheel so to speak.  Maybe a Pennsy Theater Arts Car  ;D

Seperate vents for the roof are a non starter at this point.  The cost to assemble would put these guys into into space cost wise.  I think doing a kit that has super detail items is worth considering.  Would love to do seperate seats, bulkhead parts so you could mix and match.  Problem is time and resources.  We are lean and mean these days and doing things with very limited return or additional cost to manufacture is a tough sell. 

As for roads, I suspect we will work quickly to fill up the names we have produced in the past to finish trains for folks.  I don't know if the first name has been decided yet...Management has me chained to the Laser and the Paint Booth  ;D

I will get some exploded parts shots posted this weekend.

Cheers

Joe



Like I said before, my CB&Q RPO is getting very lonely!!!  GN would be great also.  Thanks for the insight!!!!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr