Author Topic: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.  (Read 6114 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
0
I don't rememeber any posts and nothing turned up in the search.

Walther's has a new run of the Proto GP60's in their March locomotive announcements.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/newproducts/cr/201103/Locomotive

Jason

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 02:28:54 PM »
0
Jason,

Those will be with the announcements posted in late March/early April. If they are going to redo them, I would hope they would make a DCC ready frame. I also hope there is more than one N scale announcement next month but not holding my breath.

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
0
All future Walters engines will be dcc
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »
0
All future Walters engines will be dcc

Yes, but is this a "future" Walthers engine or dumping what's left of their existing mech's and shells to make room for the future?
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »
0
No Espee? WTF???
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
0
No Espee? WTF???

That is a shock...glad I got one the first time around..

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
0
That NS GP60 sounds interesting.
Larry

Summerset Ry.

u18b

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4055
  • Respect: +2386
    • My website
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
0
If this is DCC with sound, I would think it will have a new frame.

I note with sadness that they left off re-running one of the roads that garners the highest prices on ebay-- the pretty Demo version.
Even though it is technically incorrect, people still like it.
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

Hyperion

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 992
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +19
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
0
If this is DCC with sound, I would think it will have a new frame.

The DCC w/ sound version was HO.  N was DC.

Since the listing said "Standard DC" and didn't even say so much as "DCC Ready" makes me doubt it's got a new frame.  Though the HO versions say "Standard DC" too even though they're obviously DCC Ready since they make a DCC version.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:01:06 AM by Hyperion »
-Mark

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
0
On DCC, the new run SW is DCC ready now right?

With Walthers, ya never know what's coming. For instance, the N&W NE caboose that came out last year was shown at various times as red or blue. They don't seem to focus on getting the descriptions right on the N stuff, or maybe it's equal opportunity and they screw up n the HO stuff too.

Perhaps the "official announcement" will shed more light.

Mark


Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:30 AM »
0
Face it Mark, whatever HO photo they have (if they don't have a N) they use.

u18b

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4055
  • Respect: +2386
    • My website
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
0
The DCC w/ sound version was HO.  N was DC.

Since the listing said "Standard DC" and didn't even say so much as "DCC Ready" makes me doubt it's got a new frame.  Though the HO versions say "Standard DC" too even though they're obviously DCC Ready since they make a DCC version.

Sorry, you're correct.  I misread the ...   In stock?= N  (no)  as N scale

Anyway, having re-read the list-- I revise my comments.
Standard DC must mean they are NOT revising the chassis-- otherwise they would SURELY use the term DCC ready just like for HO if they were revising the frame.

(sorry I mis-read the list).


Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

flight2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 795
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +370
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »
0
That NS GP60 sounds interesting.

I know of at least one online dealer that still has the original NS and UP versions still.  I have to say, I really liked how they ran when I had my pair a few years ago.  They were a pain to get a decoder in and I eventually sold them off without a decoder.  Hope these are a newer, DCC friendly version.

Brian
I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)
My (HO) NW Ohio Layout Feed: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=57633.msg793742#msg793742

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
0
The SW's will ahve a DCC ready frame apparemntly. WKW did say all future N scale loco's would be DCC ready like Daniel said, but I woulda thought they would still point that out on the site. UNLESS, somebody copied and pasted the text. I'd be willing to bet thesae will be DCC ready. Either way, we'll find out in a week or 10 days when the announcement sheets arrive in the shop and are posted on the site.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Walther's Proto GP60 new run.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
0
Hope they put the correct trucks on this time.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.