Author Topic: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED  (Read 9807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Iain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4893
  • Gender: Female
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +839
    • The Best Puppers
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
0
I think that NS had some; I'll have to dig out my books.

Eh, '51 is too late for me, though.
I like ducks



Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »
0
I don't know an awful lot about gondolas in general.  Can someone provide a roughly complete list of who owned these cars?
In other words, I have heard mentioned WP and SN in addition to the obvious SP but who else in the West owned these or similar cars?

There's a roster included in the article about these cars in a recent issue of RPC, I think Vol. 19.  Lots of photos and full drawings as well.

Craig Martyn

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 496
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:17:28 PM »
0
Check-out the video!   Watch in HD...

Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »
0
UNFAIR!
I had almost decided that I could pass on these and then I watched the video.  Mr. Wallet is very unhappy now...
Support fine modeling

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
0
Agreed.  BLMA is #1!   ;D

towl1996

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 818
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +186
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
0
Man, that video rocks! Excellent product and marketing. I was trying to workout in my mind just how many of the Pennsy cars I was going to get. That's settled now, I'm getting all six! And the trucks rock as well, now my Pennsy F30s will roll correct. BLMA is the leader, all others are followers. How long until Atlas releases videos? Much success.
Thanks,
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

haasmarc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 547
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +973
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
0
Hey Craig,

Everything looks so good on that gon it makes the couplers look huge!  Can MT 905's be substituted?

Marc Haas
Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26109
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11602
    • Conrail 1285
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »
0
My heart is broken, BROKEN that CR isn't included in the first run.

But my wallet's happy.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 10:59:44 PM »
0
MT couplers but no slinky in the promo.

I've gotta believe that the friction bearing trucks would have been gone by the 80's or 90's. If that is correct, will the unannounced CR run be equipped with FB or RB trucks?

Edit: Though withdrawing them from service in the early/mid 90's would jibe with the outlawing of FB's...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:02:38 PM by lock4244 »

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:32 AM »
0
I see a couple of weathered SP 's in my future hauling sugar cane or steel for ships . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »
0
My heart is broken, BROKEN that CR isn't included in the first run.

But my wallet's happy.

Are you telling me that a CR ex-PC patch gon wouldn't have existed?

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
0
Order placed. Thank you Craig. Hope for more items I can use in the future. Only problem I see is that I will have to throw out the rest of my freight cars. This will make them look bad.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:55:48 AM by FrankCampagna »
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

71jeep

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 254
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +8
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »
0
Quote
Only problem I see is that I will have to throw out the rest of my freight cars. This will make them look bad.


I was thinking the same thing definitely can not run them in the same consist the fubies will stick out a sore thumb :o :o ;D

Thanks allot Craig great work again!!

Allen.....

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26109
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11602
    • Conrail 1285
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »
0
Are you telling me that a CR ex-PC patch gon wouldn't have existed?

Nope, just that I'll only need one of them.

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: NEW BLMA Freight Car - ACF 70-Ton Gondola - VIDEO POSTED
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
0
This is great news! I'll be ordering the Wabash version.

Down the line, this car could be also released for Lackawanna and N&W (Wab repaint) for starters. 8)

The new trucks add to the N scale arsenal of truck options! ;D

Mark