Author Topic: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models  (Read 6341 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »
0
N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
This message is intended to inform modellers of several new releases from Briggs Models in N Scale.  As a consultant on these projects, I am posting these announcements on behalf of the manufacturer in the hope of reaching as many potential interested modellers as possible.
 
ALCO C-425 Conversion Kit
This is a re-release of the ALCO C-425 body shell and detail kit without any changes from the previous issue.  The shell is intended to fit onto the Life-Like ALCO C-424 mechanism and mates with the original deck, handrails, cab and radiator top.  The kit comprises a one piece body shell cast in polyurethane resin and a sprue of resin detail parts including footboard pilots, two types of nose ditch lights, vertical headlight, two types of inertial air filters, a bell and bracket.  As completed the kit yields an accurate representation of a Phase I ALCO C-425 as delivered to the Erie Lackawanna Railroad (2451-2462) and later sold to the British Columbia Railway (801-812).  Retail price is $49.95 CAD and production is limited to 25 kits.

Whats In The Kit:




Completed Kit:






DOFASCO Truck Conversion Kit
This is a re-tooled release of the DOFASCO truck conversion kit with major improvements.  The trucks are intended to fit underneath the Atlas ALCO C-630 and utilize the original gears.  The gearboxes are now a one piece polyurethane resin casting, and the bearing plates and pickups are etched in brass.  The sideframes attach to the outside of the gearbox.  As completed the kit provides the correct Dofasco six-axle trucks with equal axle spacing and a shorter wheelbase of 134 inches for the Canadian C-630M and M-630 locomotives.  It is suitable for use with the Atlas ready-to-run Canadian C-630s or with the new M-630 kit (see below).  Retail price is $39.95 CAD.  Production is limited to 100 kits.

Whats In The Kit:




Completed Kit:




MLW M-630 Conversion Kit
This is an all new kit intended to fit onto the Atlas ALCO C-630 mechanism and mates with the original deck, handrail and cab.  It comprises a one piece body shell cast in polyurethane resin, a sheet of resin parts, and an etched fret of detail parts.  The resin parts include pieces for BCR and CP Rail versions of the fuel tank, air reservoirs, oil heater,  several types of nose ditch lights (BCR and CP Rail), vertical headlight,  inertial air filter housings, rear end of carbody (BCR and CP Rail versions), radiator top, a bell and bracket.  The etched fret includes a wealth of fine detail parts including cab fittings, brake wheel, carbody filters, grab irons, door handles, inertial filters, and radiator walkway.  With alternate parts the kit can be completed as an accurate representation of a MLW M-630 for PGE/BCR (705-722) or CP Rail (4508-4573).  Retail price is $60.98 CAD.  Production is limited to 75 kits.

Whats In The Kit:




Completed Kit (CP Rail Version):






Completed Kit (BCR Version):






Availability
It should be understood that these are limited run kits of items which are not likely to be produced otherwise.  There are limitations with respect to production quantities for this type of kit.  They have been produced in low quantities and there is no guarantee of future runs.  If you have an interest in acquiring one or more of these items you are encouraged to do so without delay to avoid disappointment.  Production and packaging of these kits is complete and they will be available exclusively from Central Hobbies in Vancouver commencing on September 26 at their table at the  Victoria Train Show.  Central Hobbies is happy to ship your order worldwide as required.  Please visit www.central-hobbies.com for contact information.


Tim Horton
PGE-BCR Modellers
on behalf of Briggs Models
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
0
I hope I don't derail this topic too much (since these are really cool and deserve their time in the sun), but I've always wondered: what's with the single rear headlights that CP units always seemed to have.

Are lightbulbs in short supply in Canada?

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
0
I hope I don't derail this topic too much (since these are really cool and deserve their time in the sun), but I've always wondered: what's with the single rear headlights that CP units always seemed to have.

Are lightbulbs in short supply in Canada?

No eh, like we use a lot at the local hockey ring so we kind like, you know, we just like ration them eh...............
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »
0
Tim and Briggs Models have now forced me into bankruptcy............btw, you have to give me credit as I am typing this with one finger, having fallen to the floor, darn near passed out with joy from the announcment...wooooppiieeeeeee !!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BIG FREAKIN A@@ ALCO'S RULE........OH BABY!
[/b][/i]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:38:41 AM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5403
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »
0
Door handles! (!!!)

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
0
I'm not  Canadian Prototype Modeler - nor do I play one on TV.  But I am an Alco fan, so antying that gets more prototypical Alco's on layouts is cool in my book.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
0
I knew something was coming, so I'm not surprised. I'm a little disappointed though... we can not sell blood in Canada and am a little worried as to how to pay for these. Looks like the 12 C630's I bought as cores are not going to be in vain, though they will become the costliest units in my fleet when done.

I already have what I need to make CN C630M's and one CP C630M, and with this announcement, CP M630 and M636's and CN M636's.

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
0
I hope I don't derail this topic too much (since these are really cool and deserve their time in the sun), but I've always wondered: what's with the single rear headlights that CP units always seemed to have.

Are lightbulbs in short supply in Canada?

The single rear headlights were always on road units that generally weren't ever expected to run long hood forward in service, so they just needed a backup light. CN, CP and Algoma Central units all had single headlights like this. Some smaller roadswitchers like GP38AC and GP38-2 on CP and CN had dual-headlights on the rear. The AC's GP38-2s had single rear lights.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »
0
I hope I don't derail this topic too much (since these are really cool and deserve their time in the sun), but I've always wondered: what's with the single rear headlights that CP units always seemed to have.

Are lightbulbs in short supply in Canada?

No, but we're short on Pollack's to change them.

Rider: Being (mostly) Polish, I can say that with impunity :P

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »
0
No, but we're short on Pollack's to change them.

Rider: Being (mostly) Polish, I can say that with impunity :P

a$$hat - your not suppose to turn the locomotive - you turn the bulb.

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »
0
a$$hat - your not suppose to turn the locomotive - you turn the bulb.


But the other end of the engine has a better light, and poles are cheaper than turntables or wyes.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »
0
The single rear headlights were always on road units that generally weren't ever expected to run long hood forward in service, so they just needed a backup light. CN, CP and Algoma Central units all had single headlights like this. Some smaller roadswitchers like GP38AC and GP38-2 on CP and CN had dual-headlights on the rear. The AC's GP38-2s had single rear lights.

I like my answer better Chris..........eh....hoser............ :D "tee hee"
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 01:09:34 PM »
0
a$$hat - your not suppose to turn the locomotive - you turn the bulb.


 ;D ;D ;D

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »
0
The locos are very nice indeed with the conversion kits, I've seen them in the flesh! :)

I need to drop into Central Hobbies tonight on the way home, are they taking advance reservations for collection at the show?

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
0
No, but we're short on Pollack's to change them.

I thought he was dead. Like he died in '56 if I remember my art history right. Or is that the way Pollocks (mis)spell Pollock? Heck, I'm Roma and German and I know how to spell it. (Disclaimer - my mechanic's Polish, but he can't read or write, so he doesn't spell it, period)
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.