Author Topic: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models  (Read 6343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 06:54:51 PM »
0
I thought he was dead. Like he died in '56 if I remember my art history right. Or is that the way Pollocks (mis)spell Pollock? Heck, I'm Roma and German and I know how to spell it. (Disclaimer - my mechanic's Polish, but he can't read or write, so he doesn't spell it, period)

You guys are talking about the fish right? Pollock or Pollack - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollock???

Or do you mean a Polak/Polack ?


Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »
0
Jackson Pollock... American painter who did die in August of 1956 without ever having (we assume) the chance or desire to change a lightbulb in either a Canadian Hockey arena or a diesel locomotive; with or without a hot dog/ polish sausage or specific variety of fish who's name bears a passing resemblance to his own and completely regardless of whether he spun the locomotive or the bulb; whilst telling a Polish joke... to a hoser...

Did I cover it all.? Man I hope so... cause we got one big butt case of thread drift goin on here..... :-\
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:05:05 PM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
0
What this about some painter making fish hotdogs?

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
0
Quote
I hope I don't derail this topic too much

I think you did.

Perhaps this is not the forum on which to post new announcements.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2884
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 12:22:04 AM »
0
I think you did.

Perhaps this is not the forum on which to post new announcements.

Tim


But the fact that those shells stay at the top on page one on this forum gives the announcement legs . Briggs couldn't buy that and this forum doesn't charge them . I think Briggs should be very very happy Tim chose this site to share its announcement . The humor helped , not hurt .


Richie Dost

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 12:24:03 AM »
0
Absolutely!

We're all, somewhat, talking about their products, and getting them whatever exposure the busiest thread amongst us asshats can provide for a few days.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »
0
I placed a (major) order at Central Hobbies on account of this thread. Railwire is the only one of the forums the announcement was on that I frequent, or visit at all, so posting here pays.

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
0
You managed to place an order? I went in there and they told me they weren't selling them until the show. :S

I do hope they have some left by next weekend or I'll be mighty pissed off. :(

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:10 AM »
0
By order I mean I have put my order on the reservation list. I'm not flying a few thousand miles just to pick them up at the show!

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 01:36:36 PM »
0
By order I mean I have put my order on the reservation list. I'm not flying a few thousand miles just to pick them up at the show!

I realise that, but he wouldn't even let me reserve any yesterday even though I had money in hand to pay him then and there. I really don't want to spend time and money going to the show only to find out everything's been reserved already by phone or email when I get there so there. If that's how it turns out at the show, I won't be shopping at Central anymore that's for sure.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
0
Email them with an order. Their website shows the progress of reserves on the Briggs page.

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
0
Email them with an order. Their website shows the progress of reserves on the Briggs page.

But then I'd still need to go down there to pay, and they won't take my money in person, so looks like they'll not be getting my custom.

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »
0
There are only 25 C425 conversion kits? Here today, gone tomorrow, even at almost $50.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »
0
But then I'd still need to go down there to pay, and they won't take my money in person, so looks like they'll not be getting my custom.

Why not give them a credit card number? I did... only way I could pay.

SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
0
Why not give them a credit card number? I did... only way I could pay.

Because I can't get a credit card here in Canada - I've been refused a prepaid card because I don't have PR, and regular card suppliers aren't interested because I've only lived here 4 months.