Author Topic: Such a tease...  (Read 12835 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »
0
I wonder if a new, closer to scale coupler is going to be introduced on this car?

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »
0
Were the ACF G31 used by Conrail? I would like to get a few (if these are the BLMA cars), but I'm not sure they lasted into Conrail. Would these have been equiped with 70T or 100T roller bearing trucks when the origonal 50T bettendorfs were swaped out?
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 05:29:57 PM »
0
So would that be it for the G31? 5 roadnames? Not that I wouldn't pick up a couple in PRR or PC, or SP, but did anyone else besides the PRR, PC, D&LW, SP, & Wabash have these, or something 97% similar?

If so, seems kinda limiting (I know, here he goes again, being negative  :D). Not like the PS 4427 would be, with over 30 paint schemes to work with.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Robbman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3007
  • Respect: +18
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »
0
Were the ACF G31 used by Conrail? I would like to get a few (if these are the BLMA cars), but I'm not sure they lasted into Conrail. Would these have been equiped with 70T or 100T roller bearing trucks when the origonal 50T bettendorfs were swaped out?

The ACF 70T drop-end gon (G31 was a PRR class... not an ACF moniker) had 70T trucks to begin with (it was a 70T gon after all)... most were plain bearing ASFs.  

Siren, off the top of my head, Delaware & Hudson (at least three different schemes), DT&I (former PRR I think), Sacremento Northern, CR (G31B for the former PRR/PC cars and GE51D for the former DL&W cars), N&W (former WAB), P&LE (former PC)...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:20:14 PM by Robbman »

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
0
Thanks Robb.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

ai5629

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Respect: +247
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 09:43:55 PM »
0
I'm a little late, but I am hoping for and N scale version of the Tangent 70 ton ACF gondola.  Between that car and the ESM X58, my Conrail / Penn Central modeling needs will be met.  I'm crossing my fingers.
Jeff Lopez

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2884
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 09:55:42 PM »
0
Maggots stacker in primer .


Richie Dost

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
0
Siren, off the top of my head, Delaware & Hudson (at least three different schemes), DT&I (former PRR I think), Sacremento Northern, CR (G31B for the former PRR/PC cars and GE51D for the former DL&W cars), N&W (former WAB), P&LE (former PC)...

Excellent! Took a look at the WP Color Guide and WP had a portion of the same order made for the SN. Bring on those WP and SN cars, Craig!
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
0
Excellent! Took a look at the WP Color Guide and WP had a portion of the same order made for the SN. Bring on those WP and SN cars, Craig!

This makes me happy.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 11:12:08 PM »
0
This is a huge step forward - but I hope someone remembers 52' gons from the 60's-70's too!! 

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2884
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
0
This is a huge step forward - but I hope someone remembers 52' gons from the 60's-70's too!! 

What huge step forward , nothing has been said , everybody is guessing , wishing , and clowning around .


Richie Dost

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »
0
50's era passenger cars!

For some reason the fonts still tell me something...but Im wrong
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2884
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 01:08:58 AM »
0
Diesel dress up kit for the plastic AS-616 we don't have yet .


Richie Dost

rswinnerton

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1313
  • Gender: Male
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +20
    • Luxury Rail Travel
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »
0
Gawd I love the rumor mill. Damn you Craig for getting it started with your grey blobs!
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com

Craig Martyn

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 496
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
    • BLMA Models
Re: Such a tease...
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 03:11:58 AM »
0
Gawd I love the rumor mill. Damn you Craig for getting it started with your grey blobs!

 ;)  I merely planted the seed; the rest is on you guys!
Craig Martyn
BLMA Models

www.BLMAmodels.com