Author Topic: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models  (Read 5632 times)

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
Re: N Scale Product Announcements from Briggs Models
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »
Because I can't get a credit card here in Canada - I've been refused a prepaid card because I don't have PR, and regular card suppliers aren't interested because I've only lived here 4 months. 

Ah, I see your problem. I'd still email them to reserve and mention that you intend to pay cash when you pick them up at Central Hobbies on or after the 26th. Or PM Tim (BCR 570) and ask if he can help you out.

BCR 570

• Crew
  • Respect: +3528
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
After two business days following the announcements:

9 of 25 C-425 kits ordered
32 of 100 Dofasco kits ordered
27 of 75 M-630 kits ordered

I’d call that a successful launch.  Central Hobbies is taking reservations – sales commence on September 26 at the Victoria Show.

Simon:

Sales commence at the show so if you are there you will not miss out.

Frank:

The C-425 run was limited to 25 kits because it was run previously and it was thought that interest might be low.  If they sell out a re-run is possible as this kit does not require a fret, and can therefore be re-stocked in small quantities as required.  The Dofasco and M-630 kits require frets which as you can imagine requires a minimum quantity for re-ordering.

Others:

Your points with respect to the benefits of posting announcements here are all valid - I guess I was looking forward to reading some positive feedback on the kits rather than what was posted.  I have calmed down now.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +584
    • My train pics
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 10:28:40 PM »
I'll say posting here is worth it! I just dropped 2-1/2 mortgage payments on these things... the only announcement that could spur me to more recklessness would be an Atlas GP40-2W announcement. Looking at the CP unit, I get all warm and fuzzy. It's a great representation of the big MLW's and will convert easily to an M636. A huge gap in the fleet is filled by these!

FrankCampagna

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 03:22:57 AM »
Oh, I'm interested, however, my excess capital is currently tied up in a possible "Bank of Dad" financial transaction. Hopefully this will be available later. I'm in for a couple. Sorry if I sounded negative. Just disappointed at the timing

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."