Author Topic: Pennsy SD45  (Read 4820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

One of One-Sixty

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1304
  • Respect: +3
Pennsy SD45
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »
0
Does anybody know besides b-Mann did anybody make a SD45 in the Pennsy scheme?
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26109
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
0
I think Kato did, years ago.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »
0
Kato seems to be on a PRR tear lately... maybe we'll see them again soon...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

POVC

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 598
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +50
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:07:32 PM »
0
Kato seems to be on a PRR tear lately... maybe we'll see them again soon...

And with Kato just having announced a new run of DCC-friendly SD45's in 4 paint schemes (due in October), the signs would seem favorable...

I certainly hope they announce PRR SD45's in the next year.

Tim

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:29:24 PM »
0
I`ll take one in PC as well please..

Mr. G

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 202
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
0
Let's hope they add some more paint schemes.  The current crop is less lacking quite a few.
Quote from: TiVoPrince
Everything blends.  Just a general rule of model railroading...

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
0
They might be in the next run of Kato SD45s - tentatively scheduled for 2025  :P


christoph

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 153
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »
0
I think Kato did, years ago.

I think Kato never did a Pennsy SD45, but I bought a custom painted Kato SD45 in Pennsylvania done by Express Station Hobbies back in 1997.
Christoph

Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
0
They might be in the next run of Kato SD45s - tentatively scheduled for 2025  :P

won't we all be dead by then? (2012 ::))
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »
0
Can't be that hard to paint an PRR freight diesel, is it  ???

SecretWeapon

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 437
  • Respect: +41
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »
0
Kato did  a SD-40 in PRR. #6086
Mike

TiVoPrince

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5156
  • Respect: +4
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
0
Hard
to resist a DRGW SD45 to break up the solid consists Scarlet and Gray...
Support fine modeling

oakcreekco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +133
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
0
Hard
to resist a DRGW SD45 to break up the solid consists Scarlet and Gray...

For me, hard to resist too many DRGW SD45's.  A dream come true, and a little renumbering of the "extras" ;D
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.

POVC

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 598
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +50
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
0
Can't be that hard to paint an PRR freight diesel, is it  ???

Not hard at all; one can of ScaleCoat II PRR Brunswick Green spraypaint and one set of Microscale 60-21 PRR Diesel Hoods units decals and you're golden.

I almost bought a couple of the undec SD45's one vendor had on sale at Bedford to paint up myself, since I already have the paint and decals.

Tim

One of One-Sixty

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1304
  • Respect: +3
Re: Pennsy SD45
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »
0
What was the life span over these engines?  I know they was built until 71, but did they make it to the end of ther CR era?  Is there a sit where I can get rd numbers for what Pennsy had?

Also how good is the B-Mann ones?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:37:33 PM by One of One-Sixty »
“My deeds must be my life. When I am gone, they will speak for me.”- Stephen Girard

Modeling a modern Pennsylvania Railroad 1996-Present