0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
You also missed CR being created, April 1st 76.Also, in regard to the NP centerbeam info. Id rather know when the 70' cars became common than when the first small group of cars were made.
You also missed CR being created, April 1st 76.
A couple of additions:1999 - you list WC and AC as merging into CN, but in reality, AC had disappeared in the 1995 purchase by WC.Cheers,Kev
...given that I model Clinchfield in the 70s
Quote from: Ed Kapuscinski on August 13, 2010, 12:21:26 AMYou also missed CR being created, April 1st 76.Is that significant?
Also, in regard to the NP centerbeam info. Id rather know when the 70' cars became common than when the first small group of cars were made.
Okay, regarding centerbeams, Seaboard Coast Line also got 70 centerbeam flats (and they look like 70 footers to me) in 1969 but 70 cars still qualifies as "rare" in my book. How many were in NP's 1969 fleet? The CN cars I found from that year are actually bulkhead flats with a row of center posts (with no beam connecting the posts) so from a loading standpoint its the same thing but from a modeling one, probably not.
For the purpose of this list, I'd love to see the Kauss-Maffei locomotives ignored. I get the impression it's not supposed to be a comprehensive list of railroad history, but one that is targeted towards modelers trying to figure out the eras of things. For example, now I know that if I were to model the 70s, I had better put nose ladders on my Fs.But by pointing out NP having the first centerbeam car in 69, it doesn't help the guy looking at it on his iPhone while at MBK and trying to figure out if he'd too far off getting that bargain prices RC 3 pack of TTX centerbeams. THAT seems to be the point of this list, unless I'm incorrect.
As for Algoma Central, WC did buy them but my impression was that it remained "Algoma Central Railway" until the purchase by CN. Is that not the case? Did they begin to paint AC engines for WC, because that should definitely be mentioned on the timeline.