0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I have a question, actually.There were two notes on there about F units. 1 that nose ladder grabs became mandatory, and 2 that they were banned from leading.What's the story there?
Wow, how much info do you want?1953 NP introduces the large 48" herald.1969 NP introduces 'BN' green paint to rolling stock.Jason
I can't for the life of me remember where I came across the "FRA ban on cab units as road switcher leads" date but given that I model Clinchfield in the 70s, I added that little nugget to the list right away. It makes a great deal of sense because you can't really see well behind you in a cab unit so if you were going to be out switching sidings and spurs on the road, operating from a hood unit would be much safer for the crew on the ground. Craig
The CNW didn't start "employee owned' until '72.F units at the lead '78.http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1738323Jason