Author Topic: Oh, Bob...  (Read 4493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Oh, Bob...
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »
0


She's ready to tear up the rails...  I'm going to drop it off to Eric this week.  You can pick it up when he's done drooling all over it.

Here she is moving about on her own.  You really need to get a sound chip for this monster.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HK8PE0WOVuvYrWHAruxsFg?feat=directlink

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11601
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
0
Oh my...

Rossford Yard

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1201
  • Respect: +165
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
0
One letter off of visions of Laura Petrie......

seusscaboose

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2100
  • Respect: +220
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »
0
Bob,
PM me... i am good for Friday Saturday or Sunday evening this week
EP
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »
0
Must.  Change.  Pants.   ;D

victor miranda

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1604
  • Respect: +2
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »
0
I must find an excuse to get over to Eric's house....

think! victor think!!


wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
0
One letter off of visions of Laura Petrie......

I was thinking Suzanne Pleschette.  Either way, Dave would have to change his pants.
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

seusscaboose

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2100
  • Respect: +220
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 12:52:09 PM »
0
I must find an excuse to get over to Eric's house....

think! victor think!!



I have a Hudson that needs a siderod replaced/looked at lol ...
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

victor miranda

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1604
  • Respect: +2
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
0
!

I like your thinking.

now what cha doing on ....

hmmm I need to find out when it arrives....

:-)
victor

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »
0


I got this little ditty rolling again for Dave, too...  with a little help from Victor.  Not my paint job, but Dave and I are working on a strategy...

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »
0
Damn, now I got to be on the lookout for a brass K-4 at a decent price.  That don't hold a candle to the old Minitrix ones. 

PRR steam is an addiction!

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
0
Not sure how that tender passed QA at the factory...  I plan to weather her, but it's gonna take more than a light coat of grime to correct that tilted lettering.  New decals are in her future.

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 02:43:49 PM »
0
Man thats hot, I want one.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »
0
So...  I'm really not wanting to sandblast that K4 to remove the paint and then repaint.  Since I DON'T want a high-gloss finish, I'm wondering if a few thin layers of airbrushed acrylic over the tender and cab will allow enough opaqueness to cover the old lettering and allow a smooth enough surface for decaling.  I intend for her to be pretty well grimed up.  After the advent of PRR passenger diesels, the K4 fleet stopped receiving any love from the wash racks.

choochin3

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 675
  • Respect: +5
Re: Oh, Bob...
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
0
Wow,now I must change my pants.
Hey Bob,I've got a nice Bachmann Amtrak F-9 if ya want to trade. :P Jus sayin'.
Carl T.
President of the Cape James Terminal Lines.