Author Topic: Kato Parts Service  (Read 3937 times)

oakcreekco

• Crew
  • Respect: +133
Re: Kato Parts Service
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
Ah, he's just "seeing red" with Kato again. ;)
A "western modeler" that also runs NS.

Bruce Bird

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »
Lee,

Not everyone from Illinois talks like Ditka- just those from north of I-80.  The rest of us are pretty friendly and talk real normal-like!

I've never had much of a problem getting parts from Kato.  If I need parts I just stop by their office when I'm visiting the in-laws.  Saves the bad-shipping stories don't you know.  It's also harder to be snotty with a customer when they are standing right in front of you.

Packer

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 10:53:01 PM »
*snip*The rest of us are pretty friendly and talk real normal-like!
*snip*

What is normal? Getting red powder in the mail probably isn't....

Actually it's happened a few times where some red clay gets on the mailbox from the neibbors who went mudding....
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

Walkercolt

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 01:41:57 AM »
Leon is our "sales rep" and is a heck-of-a-guy! Shipping dept. people from any place can be dumber than rocks when it comes to packaging. For our store's mail-order sales, I tend to "over-package" with lots of Micro-Trains supplied peanuts, and as much bubble-wrap as I can re-cycle (we don't get nearly as much bubble wrap as we used to from suppliers, because the price has ramped-up so much). MT generally does about the best job of packaging of anyone. Like 6 freight cars wrapped in paper then put into a 12x12x12 box full of peanuts! :D Or a tiny box inside a huge box of peanuts!

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
I , yesterday and last week , received some 6 wheel trucks from Kato . Though they came unharmed , I thought in both cases that the packaging was on the skimpy side .

Richie Dost

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5412
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
I got my replacement set yesterday, carefully encased in bubble wrap in a much sturdier box.  As I used to say to my carpenters... If you don't think you have time to do something right, what makes you think you have time to do it over?

Oh well.  The story has a happy ending.  I can get out to the paint shop now.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »

You don't like the way I package stuff, I got a friend who'll take care of you for me.