Author Topic: Sound Decoder for LL C-Liner  (Read 971 times)

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
Sound Decoder for LL C-Liner
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
http://www.4nscale.com/details.asp?p=21282

Anyone know anything about this new decoder.  Does it have FM diesel sounds or generic EMD sounds? 

Bob

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1414
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Sound Decoder for LL C-Liner
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Good news, Bob... the C-liners are done, and in the box, but I haven't sent them yet!  If you send me a board, I'll fix you right up!
Lee
Route of the Alpha Jets

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
I really want to see how the sound is on these new decoders before I decide to get any.

Walkercolt

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:52:10 AM »
I read somewhere else(maybe even the "A" board) the sound was "generic" really. Unless there is a way to custom download a sound-file to one, I can't imagine much else is possible. I'd be happy to be wrong.

POVC

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
I have two of these decoders.

They are for the second run of the Walther's C-Liners that were DCC ready; the box says Walther's not Life-like and the engines came with Accumates instead of Rapidos.

The sound is generic and there is no way to download a sound file into one, however these include 4 different prime movers sounds (MRC's first diesel board had one, and more recent ones have had 2 - SD45 & MP15).  Based on the MRC ad, the 4 prime movers in this one are the ALCO 244, SD60, SD70 & EMD 567B.

My opinion is that the sound is a bit weak; they might be okay for home use but aren't strong enough for trainshows.  I played with my pair this weekend at Bedford and could barely hear them.  I'll bring them to Timonium in October for those that are interested; I may play with them between now and then and see if I can improve the accoustics.

Tim