Author Topic: Suggested Steve Campbell post this here.  (Read 2735 times)

3rdrail

Suggested Steve Campbell post this here.
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:19:08 PM »
But since he hasn't, I'll post a link to his posting on Trainboard.

http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=80547

There are a couple of you folks that could do a real bang-up job on his trailers, Have at it.

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
  • Respect: +145
Re: Suggested Steve Campbell post this here.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »
Too bad I'm not a train board member. :(

bsoplinger

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »
What interesting timing of this post.

He (or S&R in general) was selling some of their custom printed Atlas trailers on eBay as a group offer and he included a few of the kits in my package I just got yesterday since I bit on the offer  ::)

My first thought when I saw the kit was "it must be old stock and now that Atlas offers the pine trailer in 40' and 45' guess they're getting rid of them" even though their kit was a 40' trailer.

Now in comparing them to the Atlas 40' pines trailer I see they have the ribs on the side (evenly spaced except near the nose on the side where they are much closer). They remind me of the TOFC trailer that was in use mid to late 60's. The style that was basically bare aluminum (or were they steel?) with a placard showing the railroad on the trailer. Unfortunately there are no curb side doors on the kit, but otherwise they definitely have possibilities just being built as-is along with being bashed into other goodies.

CoalPorter

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:40:13 PM »
Hi bsoplinger ,
These trailers are really old molds formerly sold by Micro-Engineering with wheels and landing gear upgraded those from Atlas.

I'd get real excited if someone would make a non-box truck trailor.
Like bottom dumps for example.
Positive Trading Post With JustTraincRaZy, Railhead, OldBillIndy, Freighttrain

bsoplinger

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:13:46 PM »
I never meant to suggest I was excited by them, but they do look more like the 60's and 70's era TOFC trailers I want than the Atlas pines trailer. Lots less work because I can use them as is if I can live without the curbside door. That was all I was saying really.

That and I like that they are offering them to folks with an inducement to bash away. I like unique things.

SR Models

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
Yes, a little late... :)..............[I had to register S&R Models, as I normally post personal messages on RAILWIRE].

Heres' the offer on Railwire:

http://therailwire.net/smf/index.php/topic,11242.0.html

They are Fun, simple - N SCALE- kits..................try one........... ;D
Bash away..........

Steven

www.srmodeltrains.com

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7961
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 09:45:47 AM »
Bash away?

Well... ok!

They're missing sight glasses, the fans look like crap, they're not DCC ready, the roofs are on backwards, the road specific details are ALL wrong, the cabs should have L-windows, the stacks are in the wrong place, they're missing the traction motor blower ducts...

... oh, wait.  ;D