Author Topic: DO YOU LIKE TO KITBASH TRAILERS ?  (Read 2254 times)

SR Models

DO YOU LIKE TO KITBASH TRAILERS ?
« on: September 25, 2006, 06:48:16 AM »
POSTED MONDAY 9-25-06 -6:40 AM -   N SCALE KIT

Third Rail (Greg), I'm a little slow: ;)

YES,  my fellow asshats here at Railwire get the offer: And please post back on Railwire your finished results. The kit is not intended to be a Museum quality kit, it is the old Micro-engineering modelers kit and has great possibilities for kitbashing into many different 'things'. The trouble part of the old kits was the wheels. We took care of that by altering the mold to accept the Atlas Bogie from the pines trailer. I am working to provide some additional 'option' parts that can be added. Your suggestions and/or comments are welcome. Please have you request in by Wednesday, 9-27-06, as the RAILWIRE FREE kitbash kits offer will end at that time.Steven :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As posted on Trailboard;

IF you do and would like to 'show off' what you make, then we want your help and we have an offer!

S&R Models will soon be releasing an N scale 40' rib side trailer kit.

The kit comes with an assembled Atlas wheel bogie and stand. The kit is of an Generic 40' rib side trailer in use from the 1960's through today. It can be kitbashed into pup trailers, woodchip trailers, open top trailers (no top), flatbed trailers, 45 & 48' trailers, etc - WHAT ELSE?

Here's the 'Deal' for those interested. We want to see what modelers can make with this kit. SO, for the first 50 Trainboard members to email us, S&R Models will send you a complete kit AND an extra 'body spur' for FREE.

We really want and hope that we get 50 photos of the kitbashed trailers BACK here on Trainboard. We will request that by posting your kitbash trailer back here on Trainboard, that we are granted permission to use the photo in our New Product release or advertising.

DEADLINE FOR KITBASHING AND POSTING THE PHOTO BACK ON TRAINBOARD IS OCTOBER 30, 2006.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KITBASHING (or just building) ONE OF THESE KITS PLEASE EMAIL ME :
steven@srmodeltrains.com
.....and request a FREE KITBASH KIT. Be sure to include your name and mailing address. 50 of the FREE 'Kitbash' kits are available. Posted to TRAINBOARD 9-21-06.

The rest of the Story................ This is the old Micro-Engineering kit. We bought the molds and had it altered to accept the Atlas assembled wheel bogie (the old metal wheels/assembly was difficult to assemble) and stand. It also updates the trailer to a more modern or heavy look.
It is a kit and requires careful cutting off the spur and some light sanding. It is great fodder for N scale trailer building.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Steven

Steven Campbell
S&R MODELS
www.srmodeltrains.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:50:11 PM by SR Models »

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
Re: DO YOU LIKE TO KITBASH TRAILERS ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:32:59 PM »
How many are left?
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

SR Models

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
How many are left?

We still have some FREE kitbash kits available  - through 9-27-06.

Have a 'go at it'.......... :)

Steven

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
I emailed you but never received a response.
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:10:40 PM »
Wish
I had the time and finger dexterity at the moment...

Good luck on your 'new' models Steven...
Support fine modeling