Author Topic: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's  (Read 9779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
0
Cars are in and they are foobalicious.  :D, I going to need a bigger layout. They look great, thanks Craig and Robb.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

ljudice

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3390
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +271
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »
0
The best I can tell in quick surfing, that Tropicana tank car is one-of-a-kind. I would not be surprised if they shipped juice concentrate in it, but I am surprised that they would put their trade dress on an industrial vessel containing intermediate process. Like Bob said, who wants to know their orange juice comes out of a tank car? It's almost like knowing how sausage is made.

My understand is that the tank car (I believe there is only one) does carry concentrate on the five day trip from FL to CA.  Apparently an experiment at one point - but I never heard what happened.

https://louisjudice.com - Photography and my Amazing AI Music Videos

Catt

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1721
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: BLMA Tropicana Reefer's
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
0
Lou,the Tropicana tankcar was a one off experiment used to haul concentrate to the west coast.It has been gone for around 5 years atleast.I have thought about doing a couple of them one in N and one in Z.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made