Author Topic: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars  (Read 2538 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

soo

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +107
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
0
Whew, that was close...wayyyyyy too new for me. Still they are really nice, will make some modelers super happy happy happy.

Wyt

learmoia

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4662
  • Respect: +1284
    • The Youtube Channel
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »
0
Comment Removed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:02:31 PM by learmoia »
It turns out you can get black confetti in the shape of d'cks...

unittrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1492
  • Respect: +148
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
0
I'm modeling the Chessie and some Conrail in 1979 so these are too new but I make an exception because they are outstanding models I just purchase schemes that are close to my eras paint schemes so one no no is the yellow strips.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
0
Yeah but I've started to use build & re-weigh dates as a cost control measure :)  Works pretty good until they produce something you DO want that doesn't fall into your era!

~Ian

Me too. The thing is, my era is 1987-89... but it used to be ~98, so I have a significant amount of equipment correct for that era and, given the fond memories I have chasing trains at that time (incl. the late, great Conrail), I consider this my back-up era. But, 78 is also of keen interest as there is the opportunity to operate RS-3, RS-10 and FA units on CP, was the transition from CN and CP passenger operating to Via Rail, and there were a lot of very interesting operations back then (branchlines, industrial switching, etc), so it would seem that I have three eras. Now thinking about ~68...

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2639
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
0
Good news.  These are right in my wheelhouse, for sure.  I note too that the next run of ethanol tankers are due in next month (the ones announced in July 2011...).  Buyers beware.

-gfh

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Put Mr. Wallet in a Safe Place: Athearn Re-running LPG Cars
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
0
Buyers beware.

Heck, I'm counting on it taking a few years...lol.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.