Author Topic: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!  (Read 10668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
0
Thanks for the info James!  I'm glad to see this release, but I'm also a bit relieved that they're out of my era.
Do you (or does anyone else) know if any of the 85' flats were re-branded to chain flats (ITTX) or pipe flats (PTTX)?
-gfh

I did read that today and knowing TTX I'm sure they did re-use them in some form, so more research will be required.....
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:09 AM »
0
They still would have been useful converted to COFC flats carrying four 20' or two 40' boxes, however with double stacks catching fire by the late 1980's, it's doubtful. Still, a pic on RCP showing the 479357 in service in Denver, Sept , 1986 is close enough to my 1987-89 era for me.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 09:18:28 AM »
0
These cars will have Fox valley wheels and body mount MT couplers. Pat does alot of research on his releases. As far as the truck mounted couplers on his boxcars, he posted that he would body mount them for you if you requested it.

Good news... the droop tarnished the otherwise beautiful 86' boxes.

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
0
Thanks for the info on UPS. I will probably get a few trailers. And the flats if Microscale comes through.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
0
Frank,

I think it's a good bet that a future release on the 85 footers will be brown.

Mark


FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
0
Frank,

I think it's a good bet that a future release on the 85 footers will be brown.

Mark

No doubt, but I'd like to run a train of them sooner rather than later. We'll see who comes through first  ;D.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »
0
I think I'll send a note to Microscale re: set 60-552 and how they are needed for the N Scale Kits flats as well as all the recently announced N scale intermodal flats.


FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »
0
Traincat makes one or two flats of yet another type. Hope to pick up a couple to add even more variety. Budget is kinda tight right now.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

RioGrandeRod

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Respect: +6
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »
0
"I think it's a good bet that a future release on the 85 footers will be brown."

Check out the Trainworx pics on page 59 of the May/June NSR.