Author Topic: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!  (Read 10670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

unittrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1492
  • Respect: +148
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »
0
I will definatley be in for a batch of these!!  :o

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
0
It says F-85-B on the artwork...

I'm so used to poor manufacturer images, I didn't bother to blow it up to try to read it. F85b is a good thing. Now I just need the brown scheme.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
0
Robbman in 3...2...1...who are some of the other owners of this F85b?
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA


Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:13 PM »
0
And who is taking reservations?  Not on Chuck's page yet . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


Hyperion

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 992
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +19
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
0
Maybe now we can finally get someone to do a little law-breaking and make some UPS logos.  I've got several UPS shorties that could use some paint/decal and would look great in a train with these others.  A mix of trailer sizes and logos would look great.
-Mark

Atlanticflier

  • Guest
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
0
And who is taking reservations?  Not on Chuck's page yet . . . .

http://nscaleintermodalstore.net/


FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 01:33:14 PM »
0
Brown would work better for me, especially since Micro Scale apparently doesn't do the decals in N.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
0
Based on the artwork in the PDF, it is an F85-B, built in November 1963, serviced in November 1973.  This is excellent news, and it will be nice to integrate into in a TOFC consist with the BLMA F89-J flats.

Yeah, I was just checking the service date - appears that it was repainted from brown to yellow in 11-73 - crap I guess I'll get a yellow one, then some brown ones when they come out. ;D


David Leonard

  • Guest
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
0
I notice that the letters "UPS" are never mentioned in the announcement, but the trailers apparently have UPS reporting marks (UPOZ, UPSZ). Did UPS forget to trademark their reporting marks?

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
0
I notice that the letters "UPS" are never mentioned in the announcement, but the trailers apparently have UPS reporting marks (UPOZ, UPSZ). Did UPS forget to trademark their reporting marks?

UPS has been licensing their trademarks to Athearn and I think others.   Maybe Trainworx is actually doing so as well?   I'd like to think they are.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

conrail98

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1462
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
0
I notice that the letters "UPS" are never mentioned in the announcement, but the trailers apparently have UPS reporting marks (UPOZ, UPSZ). Did UPS forget to trademark their reporting marks?

I wouldn't think you could trademark the reporting marks as they are issued by the AAR,

Phil
- Phil

lashedup

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 879
  • Respect: +108
    • Model 160
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
0
Some artwork for reference -


FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »
0
Anyone know when the distinctive UPS trailers came into service? Saw them a lot in the mid-seventies on EL CX-99 and 2nd NY-100. BTW, I put in with Microscale to make the decals for the brown flats. Others might want to do the same. They do them in HO, but don't list them in N. I have the BLMA browns on order.

Frank

"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
0
I think with the BLMA and now Trainworx flats as potential targets, the Microscale set might find its way to N, if nothing else but for renumbering.

EDIT:  I just suggested this to them on their Facebook page.  Hopefully they'll come through.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:33:41 PM by Denver Road Doug »
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

rswinnerton

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1313
  • Gender: Male
  • The Anti-Ed
  • Respect: +20
    • Luxury Rail Travel
Re: Trainworx 85ft Trailer Train flat and UPS Drop Frame Trailers!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »
0
Most of the big UPS trailers didn't have the logo. They just had 'United Parcel Service' written near the nose. ALine makes them in HO and each box has a decal sheet with 'United Parcel Shipping' and 'Parcel Service'. An easy way to get around licensing.
Russ
Russ Swinnerton
Dr. of Ferroequinology
www.LuxRailTravel.com