0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I guess I wonder if this locomotive and car set (and the obvious future releases) are something of a "further shift" in Kato's market stratagy away from supplying "modeler oriented" products (ie: SD 40's, SD 40-2, SD 45, F7, classic named trains....) and more towards collector oriented consists.....?
All the levity aside; I can't get my head around this announcement. This is a big city communter train; and by "big" I mean massive; impossible to model big.... So; I'm wondering how one uses this consist ? I guess there will be a very small number of modelers out there who might have a pike that represents Chi-town in 2011; maybe some who model an outlying area that this communter service serves but that number is going to be small.Just a thought............... :-\
....and by "big" I mean massive; impossible to model big.... So; I'm wondering how one uses this consist ?
So; can we assume that Kato is aiming this not so much at modelers as collectors ? The colours are "collectorish"; the consist is unique; it's very modern and I believe would meet the general guidelines they have set for their own domestic market releases.
I wonder if we'll see them in MARC.
Out of interest, are there spotting differences between the MP36PH-3S (Metra) and the MP36PH-3Cs as used by 9 other roads? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPI_MPXpress
Thanks for that, if it was just the plow and number board it's be a fairly easy conversion but it also seems there's a grill difference too - the WCE ones have an extra grill towards the rear. http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=46604