Author Topic: Weekend Update 8/15/2010  (Read 14254 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
0
You make it sound like I am on the other side of the country. Its a 5hr drive! ::) ;D

Actually 5½ hours with a lead foot, covering 313 miles city border to city border.  Might have to make the trip, we'll see!  8)
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
0
You make it sound like I am on the other side of the country. Its a 5hr drive! ::) ;D

Actually 5½ hours with a lead foot, covering 313 miles city border to city border.  Might have to make the trip, we'll see!  8)

Give me 'til spring...I want to get some more scenes roughed in as I kinda hate allowing people to see the layout in disarray. Kinda an OCD thing ;D
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
0
I did a little 1/1 scale railroading on Sunday, does that count?

Photo Removed

Ok , without looking this perticular loco up God knows where , who can figure what it is and why , E , F , or FP and type number ?

I'm going to say it's the restored PRR E-units, judging that the engineer has a Conrail hat.

The S.

I would guess Reading FP7s. Steamtown?

Oh Ed, your are so close, right location, wrong unit

choochin3

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 675
  • Respect: +5
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »
0
Lemme guess Rich,

lackawanna F3
Carl T.
President of the Cape James Terminal Lines.

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
0
Lemme guess Rich,

lackawanna F3

We have a winner, Nice going Carl. I went up with a buddy to do a little work on her, not much, change air lines off the compressor, and fire her up to make sure everything was in order..A great day indeed


up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9964
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2879
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
0
Wow a working F3 , I didn't think there were any , and in show room condition .


Richie Dost

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »
0
Is that one of the ex-BAR units?

Ian, Bryan... I'm down for a New England meet-up anytime... as long as it can fit around my 70 hour a week schedule.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
0
Is that one of the ex-BAR units?

Ian, Bryan... I'm down for a New England meet-up anytime... as long as it can fit around my 70 hour a week schedule.

Yes it is..

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12252
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11700
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »
0
I love that we once again live in a world with a Lackawanna F3...  The recent restoration of lot of signature first generation diesels like the Juniata Terminal E8s is a wonderful way to preserve the past.  I love steam, but railroad history is more than just steam.

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
0
Actually Dave, sometime this week when the paint is dry we will live in a world with 2 Lackawanna F3`s. I have to agree, steam is cool but first generation diesel power wins out over the steamers with me...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:57:23 PM by Rich Reinhart »

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
0
I love that we once again live in a world with a Lackawanna F3...  The recent restoration of lot of signature first generation diesels like the Juniata Terminal E8s is a wonderful way to preserve the past.  I love steam, but railroad history is more than just steam.

i like that we now have an SD40-2 in Chessie paint here in Baltimore.  that makes me smile.

SAH

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1298
  • Respect: +1921
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
0
Steve,

So is the layout back up and running or just working on this section?

Just working on this section.  I had some unexpected free time this evening so I put it to good use - Base ground cover is down.  JustTrainCrazy has let me borrow his grassinator to try out.  Looking forward to experimenting, especially after seeing what the ModUTrak guys are doing. 

Steve Holzheimer
Lakewood, OH
Modeling the AC&Y Spur 4 Serving the Tire Industry

Iain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4891
  • Gender: Female
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +838
    • The Best Puppers
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 08:51:21 AM »
0
I love that we once again live in a world with a Lackawanna F3...  The recent restoration of lot of signature first generation diesels like the Juniata Terminal E8s is a wonderful way to preserve the past.  I love steam, but railroad history is more than just steam.

That's why I am glad I got to ride in what was probably the second-to-last FM in revenue service.  Give me a cab ride in something like that IN REVENUE SERVICE over a cab ride in steam any day.  Riding in one at a museum is one thing, riding in one doing some switching is something else entirely.
I like ducks



Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26105
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11596
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »
0
Whoa Rich, I didn't realize you were involved in that!

(Squirreling that info away for future use...)

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Weekend Update 8/15/2010
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2010, 12:40:27 AM »
0