Author Topic: Kato Amfleet Set  (Read 6573 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11596
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »
0
Doors and windows homeslice.

The Is had II doors, and the IIs had I door.

Also, the windows are bigger on the IIs, filling the paint area, while they were "squintier" on the Is.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12252
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11700
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
0
Ah, OK...  As opposed to backed up toilets.  Oh, right, that's SEPTA. ;D

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2780
  • Respect: +145
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:39 PM »
0
Who cares? As long as they bundle it with a locomotive I can't use, I'm not buying.

Even when they're so close, they're still so far...

Can't you just buy the set, and pawn off the loco via ePay?

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

Leggy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 665
  • Respect: +48
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »
0
Some things are too much work for some people while its just easier to whinge about things...

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »
0
Who cares? As long as they bundle it with a locomotive I can't use, I'm not buying.

Even when they're so close, they're still so far...

I can at least use the set. I will most likely get two and sell off the P40's as F40PH's were still king up here in '96. However I am more of a Phase III guy so I will be more eagerly awaiting those, and hopefully in singles.  I wish that they would be releasing these like Bachmann did for the I's in that phases II, III, IV, V and IVb all came out pretty much at the same time.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11876
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
0
Those with deep wallets can just buy the set. If you don't have deep wallets, well, get off this forum! ;)


Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11596
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
0
Who cares? As long as they bundle it with a locomotive I can't use, I'm not buying.

Even when they're so close, they're still so far...

Can't you just buy the set, and pawn off the loco via ePay?

The S.

Well I could do that. I think the easier, and more enjoyable solution will simply be not buying them. If Kato thinks that means that people aren't interested in the cars, then so be it, but I buy models for my enjoyment, and to follow my interests, not to provide Kato with market research data.

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12252
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11700
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
0
I wish they were Amfleet I cars...  But I think Kato is smart to do Amfleet II since no one else makes them.  The Bachmann Amfleet Is will have to do for me.  I'm not a big fan of selling the loco and cars together.  Hopefully, though, for guys like Ed those Amfleet IIs will be offered separately later as an add-on pack.

Maybe I'm feeling more charitable lately toward the big manufacturers...  Either way, Kato's back on my good list because after screwing up the single-stripe GG1 they announced the PC and Amtrak ones.  Could a Conrail G be far behind?

eric220

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3738
  • Gender: Male
  • Continuing my abomination unto history
  • Respect: +648
    • The Modern PRR
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:09 PM »
0
Could a Conrail G be far behind?

Had a comment to make there, but decided to post it on the PC/AMTRAK GG1 thread instead.  Don't want to derail this one.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

Hiroe

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 594
  • Respect: +256
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 10:39:53 PM »
0
Ah, OK...  As opposed to backed up toilets.  Oh, right, that's SEPTA. ;D

Well, aside from the fact that SEPTA doesn't *have* toilets in their cars.


As for surgery on the Bachmann cars' wheels, would it be possible to order additional kato trucks and replace them on the B cars; or will kato only produce enough parts for the cars they make?
wubba lubba dub dub

Rich Reinhart

  • Guest
Re: Kato Amfleet Set
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:11 AM »
0
Ah, OK...  As opposed to backed up toilets.  Oh, right, that's SEPTA. ;D

Well, aside from the fact that SEPTA doesn't *have* toilets in their cars.


As for surgery on the Bachmann cars' wheels, would it be possible to order additional kato trucks and replace them on the B cars; or will kato only produce enough parts for the cars they make?

Nope no toilets onboard, people just use the stairwells to the Broad Street Line... ;)