Author Topic: Weekend Update 4/25/2010  (Read 9031 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 09:31:57 PM »
0
Thanks Bill.  Guess I'll see you there!

I'll look forward to it.  We are a "group" of two guys working on a layout in progress as time allows, but we like to get out and let the public know you can get into mrr'ing by building a simple 4 footer to learn the basic skills.  From there you can learn to build whatever you want.

If you come to the show, look for me and introduce yourself!

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

unclepete20

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »
0
We did a little club operations using our n track modules in a club members donated basement we have room for a 32X24 modules with a island in the middle using a set of modules that normally go out and instead turn in with a 20 foot yard off to the side.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, it was just a cell phone. The Cab Forward is mine with the Kato Daylight train. Later we ended up pulling a 70 car train with my cab forward and a club members new 2-6-6-2... thats an impressive sight!

We used all 3 mains with DCC, We have a couple sets of cross overs, it makes for a nice operations where we actually have to have real meets. Not suprisingly my cab forward was low priority. That thing is slow as a bowling ball uphill.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:42:23 PM by unclepete20 »

Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
0
So that's 4 people from the area around the florida panhandle?

...Ah, not too far from Trains by Johnson...
I have too many of their "Free with $XXX Purchase" mugs...  And, before I moved away, I figured they owed me 8.

They usually give out a card at the show that's good for 10% off stuff in their store. I never used them since I usually end up broke at the show anyways. :P

Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »
0
This is wa-a-a-y after the fact, but in case some of you wondered....

I had said we would be at the Pensacola Train Show with the South Okaloosa N Scalers NTrak layout.  We weren't there, which I am sure was obvious if anyone looked for us.  I had a "family emergency" and couldn't make it, even for a couple hours to attend the show.  As I said, we are a group of 2 guys -- all the others have been transferred by the Air Force, been discharged and gone home, moved to other jobs, etc.  Tom couldn't handle the transportation, setup, and tending to the layout for two days alone.

And Dave, welcome to the metropolitan Eglin area!

Here's hoping for next year!

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers

http://sontrak.spaces.live.com/
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa