Author Topic: Weekend Update 4/25/2010  (Read 9033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16563
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7453
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »
0


Direct service, Latrobe to Cambridge, Maryland. 
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
0
Did some playing around at my club with my camera.

Ended up with a few shots that I liked using my zoom lens, unfortunately depth of field isn't that great at 200mm so that backgrounds are typically soft/blurry. Gonna see if I can try some of that image stacking software you guys around here are using.








GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 12:51:01 AM »
0


I'd love to see that shot redone with stacked focus.  Very nice layout and loco.

NorfolkSouthern9708

  • Guest
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »
0
Did some playing around at my club with my camera.

Ended up with a few shots that I liked using my zoom lens, unfortunately depth of field isn't that great at 200mm so that backgrounds are typically soft/blurry. Gonna see if I can try some of that image stacking software you guys around here are using.







What scale is this in? Really diggin it.



wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16563
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7453
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »
0
The rails look a tad far apart... I'm going to guess O...
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11588
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »
0
Wow, Portland's station looks a lot like Baltimore's Mount Royal.

Also, Chris, that layout is really nice!

Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
0
<<<Clip>>>
 Went to a mini train show (2 vendors and 4 layouts)
<<<Clip>>> 

Would that have been at Uptown Station in Fort Walton Beach?  I set up my NTrak module with a friend's modules on Friday, and we ran trains all day Saturday and Sunday.  Haven't had a chance to do that in public since October.  We did set up once for a day for our own benefit.

Our next show is the Pensacola MRC show in June.

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers

Yeah, that's the one!
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
0
The layout is HO scale.

www.wrmrc.ca

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
0
The layout is HO scale.

www.wrmrc.ca

Track really looks nice with proper sized rails , ties , and ballast . Loco detailing is no slouch either .


Richie Dost

seusscaboose

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2098
  • Respect: +219
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »
0


Direct service, Latrobe to Cambridge, Maryland. 
Lee

i got the icehouse
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1511
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1361
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
0
<<<Clip>>>
 Went to a mini train show (2 vendors and 4 layouts)
<<<Clip>>> 

Would that have been at Uptown Station in Fort Walton Beach?  I set up my NTrak module with a friend's modules on Friday, and we ran trains all day Saturday and Sunday.  Haven't had a chance to do that in public since October.  We did set up once for a day for our own benefit.

Our next show is the Pensacola MRC show in June.

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers

Hey when is that Pensacola show?  I'm in Mobile.
Aaron Bearden

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »
0
Hey when is that Pensacola show?  I'm in Mobile.

From their web site:  The Pensacola Model Railroad Club will hold it's annual show on June 12th &13th, 2010
at the Hadji Shrine Temple in Pensacola, Florida.

The Hadji Shrine is at 800 West Nine Mile Road (Alt US 90).  You can't miss the onion domes on the north side of the street.

The Pensacola Model RR Club web site is at http://www.trainjunkie.com/ 

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

Bangorboy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +15
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
0
Aaargh!!!

I know the apostrophe doesn't belong in
The Pensacola Model Railroad Club will hold it's annual show on June 12th &13th, 2010
at the Hadji Shrine Temple in Pensacola, Florida.

That isn't a contraction of "it is"...

See y'all in Pensacola if you can make it!

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa

SquirrelHollow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 540
  • Gender: Male
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
0
Hey when is that Pensacola show?  I'm in Mobile.

From their web site:  The Pensacola Model Railroad Club will hold it's annual show on June 12th &13th, 2010
at the Hadji Shrine Temple in Pensacola, Florida.

The Hadji Shrine is at 800 West Nine Mile Road (Alt US 90).  You can't miss the onion domes on the north side of the street.

The Pensacola Model RR Club web site is at http://www.trainjunkie.com/ 

Bill B
South Okaloosa N Scalers


...Ah, not too far from Trains by Johnson...
I have too many of their "Free with $XXX Purchase" mugs...  And, before I moved away, I figured they owed me 8.
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1511
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1361
Re: Weekend Update 4/25/2010
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »
0
Thanks Bill.  Guess I'll see you there!
Aaron Bearden