Author Topic: Weekend Update 9/22/13  (Read 8912 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6761
  • Respect: +2638
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »
0
Max and Nkalanaga, the layouts looks tremendous!  I'd love to see more of both.

Husker, care to share your technique for painting wheel rims with such a clean color separation between rim and tire?  The results look great (so does the whole truck).

Nothing photo-worthy from me, but I did manage to resurrect my paint booth from Maryland and find a good spot where I can vent it outside without too much trouble (in the 3rd floor space vacated by my now-off-at-college son).  I also managed to test-fire the airbrush for the first time in 3 years, so hopefully I can complete some rolling stock upgrades (detailing, weathering, body-mounted couplers, etc.) when not working on Tehachapi BC.

-gfh

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10584
  • Respect: +1765
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 01:28:24 AM »
0
Max:  I also didn't know you had such a layout.  Your models have always looked impressive, but I'd just assumed that you were primarily a model builder rather than a layout builder.  Shows what one gets for assuming...  Certainly looks like the Northwest I remember.
N Kalanaga
Be well

rogergperkins

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 854
  • Gender: Male
  • Modeling the B&O in central IL in autumn of 1940's
  • Respect: 0
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »
0
B'mann EM-1 with a few MTL box cars.

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »
0
In a house hunt that took longer than Ian.....we finally closed yesterday. 

The Honey Do list is long, so hopefully by December, I can get to modeling again....... :|
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

mmagliaro

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6494
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2012
    • Maxcow Online
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
0
Max:  I also didn't know you had such a layout.  Your models have always looked impressive, but I'd just assumed that you were primarily a model builder rather than a layout builder.  Shows what one gets for assuming...  Certainly looks like the Northwest I remember.

Certainly looks like the Northwest I remember.

That is the nicest thing you could possibly say!   Thank you.

PGE-N°2

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 208
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
0
Was just looking at old weekend threads, and found this series of images, and I was blown away... I love the bridge structure, and the inter-modal traffic looks really good. I especially like the Milwaukee Road electric powered local at the junction.


Carter Oil, Azwell Produce, and 3-J Transfer in Jefferson.

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3269/0kts.jpg
Three pictures of the Loudwater River bridge just west of Jefferson.

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/7650/loudwaterriverbridgebn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img100/5379/1001244u.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img858/4017/loudwaterrwestshore1000.jpg
Canyon Creek feedmill and MILW local

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/1842/oqwx.jpg


Director of Operations of the Kettle River Railway

See photos of the original owner's layout here:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/about-face/sets/72157603977732928/

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10584
  • Respect: +1765
Re: Weekend Update 9/22/13
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 02:58:18 AM »
0
Thank you!
N Kalanaga
Be well