Author Topic: EXR 5200 Gunderson Box Car - six new paint schemes.  (Read 4211 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: EXR 5200 Gunderson Box Car - six new paint schemes.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
0
Well crap, I just had to go poking my nose around the pictures of the EXR MN&S car.  There are a couple of things to point out.  First is the "return to" stencil.  The only picture I've seen had red letters, while the EXR car has white on red.  Okay, not a big deal I guess.  Without knowing, I can believe that they could have changed this for readability.

The second thing doesn't make much sense to me.  The 'New" date is "11-66", but the build date is "1-71".  ???

Maybe the MS decal will still come in handy.

Jason

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: EXR 5200 Gunderson Box Car - six new paint schemes.
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
0
Well crap, I just had to go poking my nose around the pictures of the EXR MN&S car.  There are a couple of things to point out.  First is the "return to" stencil.  The only picture I've seen had red letters, while the EXR car has white on red.  Okay, not a big deal I guess.  Without knowing, I can believe that they could have changed this for readability.

Odd, given that this is the very car they used for the model pic:
http://gelwood.railfan.net/misc-m/mns901ajs.jpg

Not as bad as the recurring Conrail goof I guess! ;D

The second thing doesn't make much sense to me.  The 'New" date is "11-66", but the build date is "1-71".  ???


Oh man, that's really bad. ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:20:13 PM by NandW »


bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: EXR 5200 Gunderson Box Car - six new paint schemes.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
0
The MicroScale decals will come in handy.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale