Author Topic: Altoona N scale weekend 2026  (Read 322 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jim Starbuck

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1063
  • Respect: +3143
Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« on: September 04, 2026, 12:17:45 PM »
0
I’m excited to be attending my first ever N scale weekend.
Bill Denton and I are driving out from Chicagoland on Friday. We’re looking forward to seeing fine modeling and meeting the local TRW guys.
Who all’s going?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2026, 12:51:48 PM by Jim Starbuck »
Modutrak Iowa Division
Modutrak.com
Better modeling through peer pressure

N Scale Train Boy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +196
    • The Balfour and Colucci Creek Southern Railroad
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2026, 01:04:17 PM »
0
I wish... just not meant to be this year. Hopefully next year! Have fun everyone who is going!
Check out my YouTube Channel youtube.com/@NScaleTrainBoy and the B&CCS at bccsrailroad.weebly.com!

-Dennis

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12297
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11811
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2026, 01:09:14 PM »
0
I’m heading to Europe that weekend… One of these years I’ll make it with the Juniata Division T-TRAK.

randgust

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3263
  • Respect: +2982
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2026, 01:50:23 PM »
0
I'll be there with bells on and two new modules

R L Smith

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +864
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2026, 10:15:07 PM »
+1
Whelp, once again we managed to schedule our annual beach trip in conflict with this show. And to think we planned it a week early specifically to avoid the conflict...

We'll be returning home through Altoona on Saturday, but it is doubtful that I will be able to convince the better half to stop by for an hour. Gonna try though. Church commitments make a Sunday drive back to Altoona impractical.

So...

I will plan to have my layout available for visitors Sunday afternoon, from 1 to 6 PM, for anyone heading home west on I-80 or north on US 219. I am less than 10 minutes from I-80 Exit 101 in Dubois.  If you are interested in stopping by, please pm me and I will provide contact info and directions.

I model the DL&W, the Erie and the Bath & Hammondsport in western NY with an early 50's timeframe. About 50% of the layout has some scenery.








Ron
ELRRHS member. NMRA Mid-Central Region Division 11 Assistant Superintendent.

If the women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy...

muktown128

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1023
  • Respect: +169
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2026, 10:44:37 PM »
0
I plan to be there with my wife on Saturday and maybe Sunday as well.   Looking forward to the show.

Scott

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2026, 04:57:11 AM »
0
I’m heading to Europe that weekend… One of these years I’ll make it with the Juniata Division T-TRAK.


Have a great trip .. Ein Prosit

MK

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4359
  • Respect: +955
Re: Altoona N scale weekend 2026
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2026, 04:54:11 PM »
+1
Looking forward to it!

I will be doing another talk on Japanese railroading, prototype and N-scale, based on a recent trip back in June/July.  Saturday and Sunday at 11:30am.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2026, 04:56:08 PM by MK »