Author Topic: ESU LokSound V5 Nano problem  (Read 266 times)

JeffB

• Crew
  • Respect: +166
ESU LokSound V5 Nano problem
« on: October 29, 2023, 09:52:22 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a problem for any of you DCC experts.  It's for a modeling friend of mine.

He's installed an ESU LokSound V5 Nano in a small HOn30 four-wheel gas mechanical.  The mechanism is from Japan from a small cottage builder, but they're highly respected for quality and good running characteristics (Toma).  This chassis is powered with one of those small 12V, decent quality coreless motors that manufacturers in China are pooking out enmass and it seems like a lot of the manufacturers are using them in new locomotives.  Anyway...

The locomotive will only run at top speed in either direction.  He's changed CV29 so that it's in DCC mode, but it's either ignoring that, or there's something else that needs to be changed.

I told him to check that the CV's for telling the decoder that the motor is a coreless motor need to be set properly. 

Aside from that, I'm at a loss (I can tune DCC locos, but when a problem comes along, all I can do is Google the symptoms and hope for a solution).

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks!

Jeff

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1818
Re: ESU LokSound V5 Nano problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 11:59:25 AM »
+1
Try checking out this thread.  There is probably a solution buried in the CV settings, but it may require some trial and error.

JeffB

• Crew
  • Respect: +166
Re: ESU LokSound V5 Nano problem
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 01:00:34 PM »
Thanks Gary...  That should help.

I should have looked back at that thread first.  I'd read it last week or the week before, even referenced it in another thread.

I'll be using it in the future as well.  I have three ESU LokPilot V5 micros and a LokSound V5 micro to install and program myself.

Thanks again.

Jeff