Author Topic: N scale Rapido FP9 decoder files/programing  (Read 327 times)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +462
N scale Rapido FP9 decoder files/programing
« on: October 22, 2023, 12:16:40 PM »
Hey everyone,
I got a Candian Pacific FP9 in my most recent mystery box from Rapido. Again, like the other Rapido locos I have, it runs awesome, But it is DC.

I Opened it up, and I was happy to discover that it is simply takes a ESU Next18 decoder. So I borrowed a LokSound V5 from one of my Kato F units to test. As expected, everything works, but I don't have any of the additional light features programed. I'm planning on ordering a decoder from my go to for LokSound decoders, Yankee Dabbler. I'm hoping they have the Rapido files, and programing that they can drop into a decoder for me.

But in the event that they don't, does anyone have a Rapido FP9 with the factory LoKSound that is willing to share the files and programing?
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

dangerboy81

• Crew
  • Respect: +35
    • Youtube
Re: N scale Rapido FP9 decoder files/programing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 10:02:33 PM »
Number boards are AUX4.
The ditch lights are AUX1.
Does yours have the roof light? Mine are Algoma Central so I don't know what AUX the roof light uses.
I don't know how bad I'd want the factory sound file from Rapido. If I remember correctly, the sound for drive hold doesn't work correctly, it just kinda repeats notch 1 over and over. Sounds weird, and when you turn the power on a sound plays for a second. Not sure if it is coupler clank or the Steam Generator, but I have kinda gotten used to hearing the sound every time I turn the track power on.
I have 2 units, and I replaced one of them with sound file 746 from ESU. I'm not sure how appropriate it is, but it is for an F9. It doesn't have the steam generator sound that the Rapido file has.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +329
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 11:02:51 PM »
I'm planning on ordering a decoder from my go to for LokSound decoders, Yankee Dabbler. I'm hoping they have the Rapido files, and programing that they can drop into a decoder for me.

They probably won't.  Rapido holds it's ESU files tightly.  They will sell you a decoder with the file installed, but it's very difficult to get them to send you the file.

But in the event that they don't, does anyone have a Rapido FP9 with the factory LoKSound that is willing to share the files and programing?

You can share the CV settings but you can't pull the sound file off a ESU decoder.  It's encrypted and locked.  If you don't have the file then you're SOL.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +462
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 04:28:46 PM »
Number boards are AUX4.
The ditch lights are AUX1.
Does yours have the roof light? Mine are Algoma Central so I don't know what AUX the roof light uses.
I don't know how bad I'd want the factory sound file from Rapido. If I remember correctly, the sound for drive hold doesn't work correctly, it just kinda repeats notch 1 over and over. Sounds weird, and when you turn the power on a sound plays for a second. Not sure if it is coupler clank or the Steam Generator, but I have kinda gotten used to hearing the sound every time I turn the track power on.
I have 2 units, and I replaced one of them with sound file 746 from ESU. I'm not sure how appropriate it is, but it is for an F9. It doesn't have the steam generator sound that the Rapido file has.

Thanks, That helps a lot, I have a CP version, with the roof/rock lights, so I will have to see if I can figure out which Aux runs that.
I didn't know that they had issues with the sounds with the Rapido files. Might have to just have Yankee Dabbler put whatever they have for a FP9 or F unit into it instead.

They probably won't.  Rapido holds it's ESU files tightly.  They will sell you a decoder with the file installed, but it's very difficult to get them to send you the file.

You can share the CV settings but you can't pull the sound file off a ESU decoder.  It's encrypted and locked.  If you don't have the file then you're SOL.

I kinda wondered if this was going to be the case. Guess I'm lucky that LokSound decoders can have pretty much anything put into them. Thinking just having YD put 567C files with steam generator sounds might be the way to go.

I got an e-mail out to Rapido, asking if I can buy a decoder still. We will see where it goes.
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)