Author Topic: JANUARY/FEBRUARY N-SCALE MAGAZINE  (Read 1118 times)

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
  • Respect: +140
JANUARY/FEBRUARY N-SCALE MAGAZINE
« on: November 22, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »
Don't miss the January/February issue of N-Scale Magazine shipping December 1st. This issue features Part 1 - Along The Lines, by Dan Lewis. The opening article will explore the challenge of configuring tracks in order to maximize opportunities for operation. Using the prototype as the “go to” resource, it will point out what to do as well as what to avoid. In arranging track on a layout, it is important to consider the practices of the prototype, the visual importance of a pleasing arrangement, and the functional aspect of what will work and what might be problematic for a model railroad. We will also address lift-outs, sidings, run-arounds, curvatures, and easements. It will also feature Dave Lull's layout - A Second Section, 30 years later, Graham Macdonald's layout, Bloedel, Stewart & Welch at Myrtle Point (featured on the front cover), the latest new products and so much more.
We hope you will join us. www.nscalemagazine.com

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
Re: JANUARY/FEBRUARY N-SCALE MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:59:58 PM »
The January/February issue of N-Scale Magazine shipped today from our printers in Wisconsin. Watch for them to arrive in your hobby shop soon. Thank you for your support.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 10:20:42 AM »
+1
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at N-Scale Magazine. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season.

Loren Perry

• Crew
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 09:47:09 PM »
Dan Lewis' articles alone are worth the price of admission. His modeling style is superbly realistic and his photography is some of the best of its type to be found anywhere.

That said, the latest issue of N-scale is one of the most satisfying I've seen in years. Truly some outstanding work and great variety, too. Well done!

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 06:12:35 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I am so pleased that you are enjoying the articles by Dan Lewis. We have so much more to come, and wait until you see what's coming next. I am so thankful for the support from all of our authors. They just keep coming and I always wonder, where have you been...your layout is absolutely amazing. And I am also so thankful for all of you that have supported N-Scale Magazine over the years. We have so many loyal subscribers that renew year after year, and we've added so many modelers and N scale enthusiasts along the way. We couldn't do this without all of you.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 07:43:08 PM »
Okay Pamela, I'll bite :D
I dropped my subscription years ago because of what I perceived to be a lack of good quality content.
Looks like maybe it's improved since then, and I certainly think Dan Lewis' work is worth the "price of admission" as Loren notes above.
And maybe id like to help "the cause"...
Subscription request sent, with payment.

Kind regards, and good luck with your efforts.
Otto Kroutil/Cajonpassfan

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 11:49:37 AM »
Thank you. I'm happy to have you back. You are going to love what you see in 2023. I'm continually blown away by the layouts and modeling articles that are being sent our way.  I am so thankful for the support.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 05:48:34 PM »
@Pamela Clapp
Pamela,
I have also been a subscriber since the premier issue (Hundman Publishing).  I have a question for you.

This time of the year is when magazines include the annual  Statement of Ownership Management & Circulation. I like looking over that statement as it tells me how many paid subscribers a magazine has.  But in today's world, many magazines (including your magazine) have both, printed and electronic subscribers.

However the statement in the Nov./Dec. issue only shows the number printed subscriptions.  Similar statements I see in other magazines also show the electronic subscriptions. Is there some place I could get that info for the N-Scale Magazine? That would allow me to see a complete number of subscribers.
. . . 42 . . .