Author Topic: Peco has announced TT scale track line  (Read 826 times)

Narlie

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
Peco has announced TT scale track line
« on: August 07, 2022, 02:28:20 PM »
I guess interest is increasing in TT scale in Europe. What about N America?

:)
Dave B

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
Re: Peco has announced TT scale track line
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 03:38:13 PM »
+1
This was previously noted.   More recently, they have announced O Scale Setrack.   
It is almost like they are trying to make ANYTHING except a N North American track!
Charlie Vlk

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 05:06:45 PM »
This was previously noted.   More recently, they have announced O Scale Setrack.   
It is almost like they are trying to make ANYTHING except a N North American track!
Charlie Vlk

Yes, you mentioned that back in June in the Atlas switches thread.  The comments were then peppered between the on-topic posts.
https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=54210.msg743426#msg743426
. . . 42 . . .

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +362
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 06:42:26 PM »
There are a lot of model railroading products that I would like to see, but can understand that they just might not be viable as a mass-produced item.

This, however, is simply insane.   I'm not sure what it is that has convinced them that they wouldn't absolutely 100% corner the market in N-scale for N.A. proto track.   Atlas track is just too quirky across the board, and I don't think could fend off a legit newcomer to the market.  But especially Peco.   And I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore.  But I used to...and if Peco NA came to N, I might yet again.   (I have the opposite problem....Atlas is the new kid on the block in Z and the jury is still out....do I go "all in" with Atlas is at issue).   I thought that maybe Peco just wasn't as active anymore, and were just sort of resting on their laurels....but clearly that isn't the case.   So strange.
Doug

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 12:54:40 PM »
Has anyone tried contacting Peco?

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +362
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 03:09:16 PM »
Has anyone tried contacting Peco?

About a decade ago.   I recall at one point someone spoke to them and Peco said they had some 5-year plan and they were going to consider doing the NA track after that, or something to that effect.    I think that was around 2010, maybe a little earlier.
Doug

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 01:51:50 AM »
I asked Peco at the 2018 and 2019 NTS, and they stated they had no plans on doing US track in N,

If they are at the NTS this year, maybe someone else can mention it