Author Topic: N Trainworx Flexi-Van in stock at MBK/MTS  (Read 2119 times)

up__1995

• Respect: +15
N Trainworx Flexi-Van in stock at MBK/MTS
« on: December 13, 2021, 07:49:47 PM »
I know there was some discussion somewhere about the upcoming Trainworx Flexi Vans. 

Well, I caught them at MTS/MBK a few moments ago: https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/search?search_query_adv=trainworx+flexi+van

Grab em while you can. Lombard, Midwest MRR, and Spring Creek didn't seem to have any when I checked.

(edit to include N scale icon)

sp org div

• Crew
  • Respect: +29
Re: N Trainworx Flexi-Van in stock at MBK/MTS
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:37:23 PM »
So how does he differentiate whether a trailer comes with the side access door or not?
The part number doesnt seem to indicate one body style vs the other.
I preordered a bunch of unlettered vans in an upcoming run, and just crossed my fingers they had no side door (dont get to see both sides on the artwork at preorder time).
Salt, alcohol, smoking, trans fat, preorders… which is worse?
Jeff

Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

Salt, alcohol, smoking, trans fat, preorders… which is worse?

Preorders.

I pre-ordered some stuff (not from Trainworx) back in 2014 or 2015.

My fingers hurt from keeping them crossed.

Javier

BruceStikkers

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 06:54:16 PM »
I ordered some Illinois Central back when they were first announced and confirmed my order with a LHS. I just checked Walthers and some items are in stock and others say in transit so I also have my fingers crossed. I enjoyed seeing them when I was in college go through Carbondale on some passenger trains. They were also used on the Iowa trains.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 08:59:13 PM »
I have one complete Burlington set on its way from one shop and an IC and Milwaukee Road with a couple of trailers for good measure.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »
My preorder from February of 2018 arrived today.  Pretty cool looking sitting on the track, need to run them tonight.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

southernman

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »
Mine shipped today!

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +850
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »
+2
Opened mine today and they were worth the wait.  I wish the trailer was a little more of a friction fit to the flat and that flat car case could hold the car with the trailers on board.

To get the trailers onto the flat, you'll have to remove all the underbody components including the flat piece that's part of the bumper.  If you've never taken one of these apart, remove the floor from the body and use a toothpick from the top and/or small flat head screwdriver from the bottom along with your fingers for support to carefully work the parts off.

If you go too hard, you'll break a mounting pin.

edit:  If you've not seen all the pieces that go into the TWX van, here they are (don't mind the homemade axles) -

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Jason
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:17:12 PM by wcfn100 »

southernman

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 08:02:00 PM »
Well mine arrived today however I’m 200 miles from home so they’re at the neighbors house. I get to them next week when I get home. Right now it’s time for “ some assembly required “ lol. Long time since I’ve helped Santa.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
I am very happy with the Q and Mil Rd units. The IC unit colors are off.  My Kato and Railsmith colors are an exact match. Trainworx is to greenish of a brown. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
+1
True dat. But then again, I would not throw them out with the bath water either.

Buffering...

southernman

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 10:29:11 PM »
Opened mine today and they were worth the wait.  I wish the trailer was a little more of a friction fit to the flat and that flat car case could hold the car with the trailers on board.

To get the trailers onto the flat, you'll have to remove all the underbody components including the flat piece that's part of the bumper.  If you've never taken one of these apart, remove the floor from the body and use a toothpick from the top and/or small flat head screwdriver from the bottom along with your fingers for support to carefully work the parts off.

If you go too hard, you'll break a mounting pin.

edit:  If you've not seen all the pieces that go into the TWX van, here they are (don't mind the homemade axles) -

Jason

Jason, thanks for the tutorial. It really flattened the learning curve about the trailers and how to load them.

Not sure what to think about the clamshell insert in the case. It looks like it has the potential to damage the car if everything doesn’t line up perfectly.

Overall I’m very impressed with both the car and trailers but man they need some weathering!! That white and silver really stands out. It’s supposed to be rainy and humid the next few days but I’m hoping to spray some dull coat before it turns cold again next week.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 09:21:46 AM »
True dat. But then again, I would not throw them out with the bath water either.

I added mine to my train, no worries.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 09:50:35 AM »
The coupler height mismatch (as compared to Kato equipment) is what bothers me. Perhaps alternate trucks?
Buffering...

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +850
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »
I am very happy with the Q and Mil Rd units. The IC unit colors are off.  My Kato and Railsmith colors are an exact match. Trainworx is to greenish of a brown.

What king of lighting are you looking under?  The Train-Worx cars look good to me while my Kato E8's lean slightly purple-ish.

Jason