Author Topic: Weekend Update 12/5/21  (Read 5636 times)

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +291
Re: Weekend Update 12/5/21
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2021, 11:47:16 AM »
+9
Last weekend I got to play with a train that I built, but it isn't N scale. We own a preschool and it was time for the 'annual' (first time it's been held it over two years) town Christmas parade. The kids really love the train and we give them all train whistles and bandanas to keep them busy during the parade.

Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2021, 07:18:57 PM »
+2
About 99.9% complete my new aux water tender AT425 for RBMN pacific 425.  Still need to add the back up light and chain from the break wheel. The trucks are incorrect but this is all I have. I still do not want to take the tender trucks from a good Rapido tender and until someone does them in 3D I'll just have to live with these.
     The paint is a very close match using Testors Model Master Blue Angel blue with lightning it up a tad bit it up.  I purchased the decals for the tender and passenger cars from CMR Products. They went on very nice and show very little clear background.
     As mentioned with the all black Reading aux tenders this one I poured from the same mold after making the master from plastic sheet and using Archer rivet decals for the raised rivets which really look good up close. The photos don't do them justice.

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2021, 07:20:52 PM »
I apologies for the inverted photos. Using my phone does this many times but not every time. :RUEffinKiddingMe: Very frustrating indeed.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2021, 07:48:49 PM »
 :)  Enjoyed the photos.  That blue steam locomotive reminded me of the Jersey Central  Blue Comet.  In three rail O, Lionel made models of the Blue Comet.