Author Topic: LocoNet Checker  (Read 175 times)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1242
LocoNet Checker
« on: November 05, 2021, 09:00:34 AM »
This program used to be available by Stefan Trachsler .. he appears to have become frustrated with Digitrax not providing information, and took it off line .. i always found it to be a good tool -- unfortunately, I lost the file when my backup went bye bye ... I finally found a full installer on this site -- btw .. the site also contains some automation software you might find interesting

https://www.perecli.com/rrauto/

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
Re: LocoNet Checker
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 09:50:41 AM »
This program used to be available by Stefan Trachsler .. he appears to have become frustrated with Digitrax not providing information, and took it off line .. i always found it to be a good tool -- unfortunately, I lost the file when my backup went bye bye ... I finally found a full installer on this site -- btw .. the site also contains some automation software you might find interesting

https://www.perecli.com/rrauto/

Too bad the source isn't available.  It was always a Windows program.  Porting it to Mac/Linux would be nice for some of us.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +4259
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 10:12:19 AM »
Sweet!
I would've really liked this while fighting with my BXP88 a little while back.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1242
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »
Sweet!
I would've really liked this while fighting with my BXP88 a little while back.

Try it and see if it works .. there's been no development for a while -- so it may not distinctly recognize the new equipment ..

I wanted it to help me optimize the layout wiring .. I have a lot of mixed stuff that isn't configured optimally because it was a journey rather than a single build ..