Author Topic: JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2022 N-SCALE MAGAZINE  (Read 1955 times)

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2022 N-SCALE MAGAZINE
« on: November 03, 2021, 02:56:03 PM »
The January/February 2022 issue is currently underway and we are so pleased to share that this issue will begin the first of a 6 part series by Dan Lewis;The Lewistown Series - Designing a Townsite. The Lewistown Series aims at providing the modeler with a step-by-step approach to constructing a modest-sized town in N-scale.
If you know Dan Lewis, or have seen his work, you know who I am talking about. I am always blown away by his modeling, photography, layout design, and his attention to detail. You are not going to want to miss this series.
I am looking forward to 2022 and sharing what all of our authors have to offer. If you are interested in a print or print/digital subscription, please go to www.nscalemagazine.com and sign up. Labels will be processed mid-November for the Jan/Feb issue.
Thank you to each and every one of you for supporting us. We've been receiving so many new subscriptions and want to welcome all of you. This is going to be an amazing year and I know we can all use some new projects to start out the new year right. Wishing you all the best. Please be sure and share your layouts with us as well and what you are working on.

Pomperaugrr

• Crew
  • Respect: +523
Re: JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2022 N-SCALE MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »
Pamela, I had subscribed many years ago, but let all modeling magazine subscriptions lapse when I was away from modeling.  Now that I am actively modeling again, I just signed up for a 3 year subscription. Thanks for supporting N scale modelers.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 03:26:54 PM »
Welcome back. I am so pleased you are modeling once again. Thank you for your support. We've got you signed up and I can't wait for you to see what we have to share with you. Enjoy.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 04:59:58 PM »
+1
I am always so thankful to hear from all of you. Today I had to smile when I received a call from a gentleman who had met me in Detroit at the convention in 2008. He asked if Pamela was still there and if he could talk to her. The things that we all remember. It was such a pleasure to talk and catch up. He set up a two year subscription, asking only that we offer print and not just a digital magazine. I assured him that we will always offer N-Scale Magazine in print. Thank you to all of you that have been so loyal over the years; Welcome to all of you that are just joining us, and looking forward to the holidays.  I can't wait for you to see what is coming in this next issue.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2022 N-SCALE MAGAZINE
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 01:52:53 PM »
+1
The January/February 2022 issue is now shipping from our printers in Wisconsin. We are so excited to share this issue with you. Be sure and subscribe so you can follow Dan Lewis' first article on his new 6-part series, The Lewistown Series - Designing a Townsite, Modeling the Northwest by Frank Karreman, In Pursuit of Wow by Dennis Machlica, new products, reviews and more. www.nscalemagazine.com   Wishing you all Happy Holidays.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »
The January/February 2022 issue of N-Scale Magazine is on the way. I hope you will share your thoughts with us about the new issue when you receive it. There are so many spectacular layouts, new products. reviews and more. This issue also begins our new series by Dan Lewis - The Lewistown Series. We look forward to hearing from you.
www.nscalemagazine.com
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:41:15 PM by Pamela Clapp »

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 05:18:59 PM »
Today I received a phone call from Vance Reed's wife to let me know that Vance had passed away and she was going to be moving and would need to find a home for his layout. Vance's layout was featured in the May/June 2011 issue. His layout is absolutely amazing. It was also featured on the front cover. I was very sorry to hear of his passing. What an accomplished modeler. If anyone is interested, please email us here at the magazine - info@nscalemagazine.com and I will pass it along to her. She mentioned that she would be interested in having it be sent to a  museum or somewhere it can be enjoyed for years to come. Attached is one of the photos and I have more to share if you are interested.

In her words, "Vance was a 3rd generation artist, among a number of other talents.  He had quite an imagination and put it to use while creating his make believe town of Foggy Harbor Maine, an "N Scale" model. Each portion of the layout is created after a memory, friend, or family member, with added stories to make the town a "real story".  He worked on this layout for 25 years, with great detail work.  The base of it is Styrofoam board.  He etched the rock ledge with an exacto knife.  The streets were made with plaster, with etched cracks in the street, etc.  The bricks were each individually formed and painted.  Each building was a kit, but he changed the majority of them to make them his own.  Each boat was created out of Styrene paper.  He loved "aging / weathering" each scenery to make it look as realistic as possible. He loved adding to the roof tops of the buildings, such as having men black topping / tarring the roof; hobos warming over a fire; and yet another is men playing a game of checkers.  He also painted the walls in the room to continue the scenery. One half of the layout is complete, as the other half was still under construction.  In my mind, that allows others to see how the project started and how he worked. If you, or someone within your company, would have an interest in seeing the layout in person, I will be happy to set up an appointment.  I do need to be out of my home by February 1st, so if there is possibly an interest, I will need to have plans made somewhat quickly."
Thank you for all of your support. You have always been there to help us here at N-Scale Magazine in every way. I look forward to hearing from those of you that can help. Let's find a great home for Vance's layout.

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +1653
    • PRR N Scale
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »
I always enjoy seeing Dan Lewis' work and this new series on Lewistown should be good.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 09:26:54 PM »
+6
I heard from Vance Reed's wife today concerning his layout and she has found someone that is interested and will be purchasing the layout. Thank you so much for all of your help and support.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
Wishing you all a Happy New Year from all of us at N-Scale Magazine.
May 2022 be our best year ever.
Thank you for your support throughout the years. We couldn't do it without all of you.
Cheers.

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +843
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 01:57:28 AM »
Happy New Year to all of you as well.  Overall, I hope it's a better year than the last two!
N Kalanaga
Be well

BCR 570

• Crew
  • Respect: +2078
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 02:41:05 AM »
Hi Pamela:

My copy arrived today - great cover shot and article by Dan.

Best wishes for 2022,

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2022, 01:39:46 PM »
+1
Thank you so much for all of your support and kind words. Looking so forward to 2022 and seeing all the new products, new articles, new layouts and more. Here's to 2022.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 03:38:08 PM »
We still receive calls from N scale enthusiasts who mention they just found us on the internet recently, or ran across N-Scale Magazine at a hobby shop. If you know of anyone who is interested in N scale, please help us get the word out.  There are hundreds of N scale modelers who still haven't seen our publication, and I know they would benefit from it. www.nscalemagazine.com  We just received a call today from a modeler who is building his first N scale layout and wants to share it with N-Scale Magazine. He is a very accomplished modeler and I can't wait for you to see what he is modeling.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 11:57:19 AM »
The March/April is almost done and will be sent to the printers soon. It will ship on Friday, January 28th. I can't wait for you to see the latest and hear your thoughts. This issue is packed full of some really great modeling, "How-To," New Products and more. I was also able to share some letters to the editor. I hope we receive more letters that I can share in future issues. Please share your thoughts and ideas. We love to hear from you.
If you want subscribe, please go to www.nscalemagazine.com and enter your digital or print subscription, or give us a call at 360-658-2485. All new subscriptions are being started with the January/February issue.
Thank you for your support.