Author Topic: River Point Station SALE  (Read 2097 times)

Wolf N Works

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
River Point Station SALE
« on: September 20, 2021, 09:28:36 AM »
Received this from RPS, if you did not get enough last time now your chance

SALE

Dear Loyal Customer and Friend,

As a fan of River Point Station’s fine vehicle models, and as a previous customer of RPS-Vehicles, you are invited to take early-bird advantage of our upcoming Holiday Sales Event. This sale will open to the public on October 1, 2021, however your access starts September 20, 2021, at 9:00 AM, Eastern Time.

Supplies of some items are almost exhausted; so, by ordering now you will stand a better chance of being able to purchase the items of your choice, and receive a mystery gift, as outlined in the Holiday Sales Event schedule, below:

With your order of at least $50.00 (before taxes and shipping): We will send you two (2) scale-compatible RPS accessory-sets of our choice, absolutely free.

With your order of $100.00 or more (before taxes and shipping): We will send you one (1) scale-compatible RPS vehicle of our choice, absolutely free.

With your order of $150.00 or more (before taxes and shipping): We will send you one (1) scale-compatible RPS vehicle and one (1) scale-compatible accessory-set of our choice, absolutely free.

-----PLEASE NOTE-----

Gifts are per qualifying tier, as above; tiers cannot be combined.

Mixed scale orders: Gifts will be based on the order’s total value, as indicated above, and the scale of the applicable gift(s) will be appropriate for that scale which accounts for the higher monetary-portion of the order.

Gifts are based on availability of product, and the offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. If you place more than one (1) order, you may receive a duplicate gift; gift SKUs are not recorded on customer orders.

Mystery gifts are available while supplies last. Sorry, no rain checks or requests for substitutions. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice, and is not valid retroactively.

As a thanks to our previous customers, all orders over $50.00 (before taxes and shipping), placed before October 1, 2021 will also receive one (1) extra mystery gift—in addition to the gift(s) shown above. This item will not be noted on the invoice.

This early-bird promotional offer expires on September 30, 2021, at 11:59 PM, Eastern Time, after which the Holiday Sales Event goes public.

In closing, we thank you for your past business, and we hope you enjoy your purchases.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
Re: River Point Station SALE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:26 AM »
So what is/was RPS's deal?

Those trucks are absolute killers.

But a single product does not a successful model company make.

Didn't they also just sell out to someone else?

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:18:27 AM »
Didn't they also just sell out to someone else?

Atlas
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 12:21:46 PM »
Yes, RPS was acquired by (or sold to) Atlas, but they still have remaining stock which is being sold off.  I have feeling that the next time these vehicles and detail items will be released, the price will be higher (then the current, IMO already-steep) MSRP. Makes sense to grab theses now at reduced prices.
. . . 42 . . .

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 10:12:35 PM »
These are every bit as high a quality as the initial line of trucks offered by Trainworx. Once OOP and sold out, they might be hard to afford on the secondary market.
Peter Pfotenhauer

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 10:38:41 PM »
Looks like RPS still has remaining stock and is blowing those trucks out at even lower prices (by offering Value Bundles).  Good time to stock up because I have a feeling that Atlas version will cost quite a bit more  money.  They are offering both N, and H0 bundles.

https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/n-scale-trucks
https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/ho-scale-trucks
. . . 42 . . .

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 11:12:49 PM »
Looks like RPS still has remaining stock and is blowing those trucks out at even lower prices (by offering Value Bundles).  Good time to stock up because I have a feeling that Atlas version will cost quite a bit more  money.  They are offering both N, and H0 bundles.

https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/n-scale-trucks
https://rps-vehicles.myshopify.com/collections/ho-scale-trucks

Pete,

The Atlas version of these trucks have the same MSRP that the RPS trucks had to start with.  Also, the Atlas models feature different paint schemes than the RPS models with one exception.  That one exception is the set of plain white trucks, which are already sold out at Atlas.

https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1612-n239.aspx
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 11:51:03 PM »
Pete,

The Atlas version of these trucks have the same MSRP that the RPS trucks had to start with.  Also, the Atlas models feature different paint schemes than the RPS models with one exception.  That one exception is the set of plain white trucks, which are already sold out at Atlas.

https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-1612-n239.aspx

Fair enough, but will the Atlas version be available for $5.63 per truck (which includes the photoetched mirrors)?  That is the going price for the Value Bundles.
. . . 42 . . .

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 12:19:01 AM »
Fair enough, but will the Atlas version be available for $5.63 per truck (which includes the photoetched mirrors)?  That is the going price for the Value Bundles.

If the Atlas models get blown out at that price it will not bode well for any future new N scale vehicle injection molding tooling.   :(

And, I did spring for two of the bundles this morning, which will bring my total number of RPS sets to 102!   :facepalm:
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 12:46:50 AM »
If the Atlas models get blown out at that price it will not bode well for any future new N scale vehicle injection molding tooling.   :(

I suspect the chances of that are probably low. Atlas acquired RPM's tooling, so RPM is simply blowing out their remaining inventory so they can do whatever comes next (close down the business, or move onto something else)?

But to be honest I still have a problem buying N scale vehicle model (even a decent looking one like these), for  anything close to their MSRPs.  I tiny plastic model consisting of all but 9 parts should not IMO cost $15 (MSRP). 
. . . 42 . . .

Rasputen

• Crew
  • Respect: +273
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 08:02:03 AM »
I think those bundle packages are a little misleading.  Although the images show four vehicles, the description lists two, plus a set of mirrors.

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2022, 09:51:06 AM »
I think those bundle packages are a little misleading.  Although the images show four vehicles, the description lists two, plus a set of mirrors.

I think thats 2 two packs - or 4 altogether.

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »
That's correct - those vehicles all come in 2-packs, so each "item" in the  Value Bundle consists of 2 vehicles (4 total, plus etched mirrors).  Great deal if you ask me.
. . . 42 . . .

Rasputen

• Crew
  • Respect: +273
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 11:26:28 AM »
Ahh, I had to read the description of a single pack.  Thanks!!

eja

• Crew
  • Respect: +198
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2022, 12:29:03 PM »
Does anyone know the model year of these vehicles?