Author Topic: Kato Greyhound FEF  (Read 1291 times)

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +322
Re: Kato Greyhound FEF
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 11:08:17 AM »
Years back, it was rumored that the SD70ACe 8444 was supposed to be painted in the Greyhound scheme, though it was never done. It would definitely look neat with a Greyhound FEF 844 and a SD70ACe 8444 in a train.

Not my photo, but people have done a Greyhound scheme on an ACe.

Chris
Hmmm, I might have to do a fantasy scheme. I've got the 8444 SD70ace but think it looks so weird with all the other heritage schemes.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

nightmare0331

• Crew
  • Respect: +143
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »
+2
The FEF sure looks really nice.  There seemed to be a pronounced “wobble” to it when running though.  Is that normal for these locos?

Make sure the fulcrum pins are seated properly (between driver 1 and 2)...

See if that helps!

Enjoy!

Kelley.
www.dufordmodelworks.com

Randy Hein

• Respect: +2
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 05:20:45 PM »
Thank you Kelly for the video!  Watched it a few times and after procrastinating long enough, tried the fix on my FEF-3 #838 which had the wobble out of the box and has been a source of disappointment since I got it when it first came out.  Wasn't sure if I made any difference in the fulcrum pins or not but put it back together and ran it.  Big difference!  Now runs like my #844 (excellent!).  It's been especially frustrating running the 838 with the wobble because I had some work done on it by Jim Hinds at Richmond Controls (backup light added to tender and the red "emergency light illuminate when backing up).  I'm a happy camper!  Thanks again!